Credit File Help

Options
I have recently gained access to my credit file online and have discovered certain interesting things on their including soem fraudulent activity.

However my question is this what parts of my credit file actually go towards my score and what lenders see?

Experian say their website is easy to use but i don't find that to be the case and they provide little or no answers to the questions i have to ask so i hope i can gain the responses i need on here.

I was in a debt management program in 2002 but decided several years ago to stop paying the company and do it myself, although i have agreed payments with these companies they keep putting defaults on my credit file can i stop this legally? i have 3 defaults at the moment lodged last week, other than them i am spotless.

I have 45 associations with members of my family most of them duplicated and some more than 5 times the exact figure should be closer to 3 associations!! does that count against me?

any information anybody may have to help would be appreciated.

Regards

Garry

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    garry1977 wrote: »
    I was in a debt management program in 2002 but decided several years ago to stop paying the company and do it myself, although i have agreed payments with these companies they keep putting defaults on my credit file can i stop this legally? i have 3 defaults at the moment lodged last week, other than them i am spotless.

What dates do they list under "Defaulted On"?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You will need to check the Equifax credit report as well for the full picture. If you think any financial associations are incorrect you can inform the credit reference agency and/ or financial institution and get them removed. Any fraudulent activity must be reported in writing to the financial institution ASAP - the address should be listed on your credit report.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport