Gauanteed first delivery

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
8 replies 2K views
COSCOS Forumite
549 posts
Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
When ordering an item, type in the second line of the adddress where the parcel can be left ie: please leave in shed. Beware ! this then gives the Postman permission and takes away any recourse of action if lost to some degree.
Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.

Replies

• David_BrentDavid_Brent Forumite
    697 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Good tip COS, I will definately do that on my next order, I hate it when a package arrives during the day because im at work all day and can't sign for it. I then have a 40 min drive out to the dispatch to collect the package which is a pain in the butt!
    !"£$%^&*()
  • jockettukjockettuk Forumite
    5.8K posts
    we had the free tin of cadburys roses delivered and thrown over a six foot gate onto a concrete path .. just as well no valuables inside..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • COSCOS Forumite
    549 posts
    ✭✭
    we had the free tin of cadburys roses delivered and thrown over a six foot gate onto a concrete path .. just as well no valuables inside..

Good job they were soft centres ;D momma use to say that life is like a box of chocolates if you get rid of all the nuts :D
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
  • jockettukjockettuk Forumite
    5.8K posts
    rid of the nuts lol think the nut this time was the delivery person lol
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • COSCOS Forumite
    549 posts
    ✭✭
    Having tried and tested this a through times I can report a conclusive result, it works, as a company who have refused to leave parcels before have followed the instruction to the letter ;)
  • wirmwirm Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Thank-you COS! This will be very handy! Your a star!
  • COSCOS Forumite
    549 posts
    ✭✭
    :-[
  • GaltizzGaltizz Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I now have my parcels delivered to work. That way it doesn't get damaged as the delivery driver launches my parcel over the fence!

I put 'private and confidential FAO Galtizz' on the first line and tell everyone who might sign for it that I am expecting it, but then I do work for a small company - not sure if there would be problems in a bigger company.

If the parcel is delivered by a carrier they usually have to get a signature so you can always find out who signed for it.
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support