General George Carpets! Closing down sale!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
11 replies 4.1K views
irishgirl62irishgirl62 Forumite
1.5K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I went to genenral george carpets in Bangor today got my stairs landing carpet for £21!!!!all carpets reduced to £1.50 per square metre! A bargain nto to be missed! my friend told me about it as she got all her rooms carpets her three bedrooms hall stairs living room for 125 quid!
I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j

Replies

• yip..me too! kids room £20 and spare room £10 well pleased!!!!:T
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• jmabncjmabnc Forumite
    220 Posts
    Hi, do you know if they have any mats/rugs reduced,and how long before it closes,sorry for asking,you's really got a bargin must have a look,looking lino for kitchen. Thanks.
  • bangor store had mats and lino it was ment to be closing today they didnt have much stock left when we went in but still managed to get enough carpet to do a few rooms got thicker carpet so it was more expensive at £5 a sq yrd :D

The newtownabbey shop got sent a lot of stock from bangor according to staff so i would expect it to be open for a while although ring them to make double sure.
  • I thought bangor store is closing next week?
  • bribrianbribrian Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Anyone know if they're open on Sundays.........
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about !!!
  • I thought bangor store is closing next week?

It could well be next week i was only saying what the sales assistant told me yesterday :cool:
  • open today anyway was just in! lots of lino in like fake travertine effect and blue bubbles ect all at £1.50 sqm excellent bargains.........was sorley tempted to lino everywhere else,lol. i also got a 80% wool carpet for my new bedroom which is huge.......£100 instead of £600 odd and it is really nice! be quick its nearly bare......unless you are after a cookie monster blue one-loads of that left!!!
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• rjh090384rjh090384 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    grrr went here yeaterday - closed for staff sickness so went today in hunt of bargain in my lunch hour and they blooming well close for lunch!!! grrr
    love you lots like jelly tots :o
  • oh and forgot to say..haggle!!! i got their staff discount aswell.......they dont care,they are out of a job shortly and the company hasnt treated them with any resect-i wished them well in searching for a new job,and in return for a bit of genuine kindness the lovely girl gave me her discount!!
    028 9185 7734 thats their number incase you want to call before you pop down rjh090384,hope you get a bargain everyone!
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• rjh090384 wrote: »
    grrr went here yeaterday - closed for staff sickness so went today in hunt of bargain in my lunch hour and they blooming well close for lunch!!! grrr
    i went at 4.30 today was panickin cos i had not picked up my carpet i got lino for my shed the girl gave me her staff discount cos i said i was mad thinkin of lino for my shed! it costed me 11 quid with her discount i happiley paid it as my tumble dryer is out in the shed and it cracks me up that while pullin out the dry clean clothes some ends up on the floor and gets dirty
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals