Best Man/Usher/Father Gifts

Hi All,

What is everyone doing for their Best Men/Ushers/Father of the Bride/Father of the Groom? I need to get some gifts - but not sure what - maybe cufflinks? Or is that too boring?! Plus I have very little money left to spend.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• betti911
    betti911 Posts: 819 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    My fiance is organising the gifts for the best men and ushers. He is looking at giving them cufflinks shaped like subutio players. I'm not going to buy a present for my dad, or at least I hadn't thought about it...maybe I should!
    Jan 1st 07 Car loan £4830.46@12% Personal Loan £11,517@8% variable Overdraft £1500 July 2009Halifax-£0Debt free date 14th July 2009 :j
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    betti911 wrote: »
    My fiance is organising the gifts for the best men and ushers. He is looking at giving them cufflinks shaped like subutio players. I'm not going to buy a present for my dad, or at least I hadn't thought about it...maybe I should!

Those sound like fun cufflinks!! I didn't want to leave the dads out as everyone else gets gifts (BM, Best Man, Ushers, Mums) - so I thought something small might be nice.
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My h2b is sorting out the men, so far he's come up with an experience day zorbing ( i think thats what its called), designer wallet, ipod (yeah because we're loaded!!!) or some other gadget I wasn't listening to him explain.

That's it so far, thankfully the only men is the BM, 1 usher and my dad.

My brother and brother in law are wearing suits because they asked too, they are not doing anything to require presents!

None of them wear suits on a regular basis so no point buying cufflinks or tie pins, and all the men are getting hip flasked filled with JD as favours!
  • betti911
    betti911 Posts: 819 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    rinroo wrote: »

None of them wear suits on a regular basis so no point buying cufflinks or tie pins, and all the men are getting hip flasked filled with JD as favours!

I love the idea of filled hip flasks. Do the reception venue mind? We were going to try something like this however we were told it was £25 corkcage on every botte including the minitures we were going to give the guys. We are now thinking as favours to give out a voucher for a free drink of their choice at the bar. This will cost aprox £3.50 per guest apparently. I will have T and C's stipulating no champagne, expensive drinks :beer:
    Jan 1st 07 Car loan £4830.46@12% Personal Loan £11,517@8% variable Overdraft £1500 July 2009Halifax-£0Debt free date 14th July 2009 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure