I need to buy red school vneck jumpers - any ideas?

Options
Have pretty much got everything for September now apart from jumpers. Ordered from Next as usual but quality has dramatically changed from previous years and they are so very thin now so will need to be returned.

M&S's quality didnt impress me in the store, again thin and didnt look like they would wash well. No Woolworths or Adams in town and Adams website has very little school items on it.

Has anybody bought from elsewhere recently and can point me in the right direction? They need to be v neck (easier for p.e) and not the sweatshirt type as DS has excema and the fleece irritates it.

Comments

• baby_bronagh
    baby_bronagh Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Have pretty much got everything for September now apart from jumpers. Ordered from Next as usual but quality has dramatically changed from previous years and they are so very thin now so will need to be returned.

M&S's quality didnt impress me in the store, again thin and didnt look like they would wash well. No Woolworths or Adams in town and Adams website has very little school items on it.

Has anybody bought from elsewhere recently and can point me in the right direction? They need to be v neck (easier for p.e) and not the sweatshirt type as DS has excema and the fleece irritates it.

£2 for red 100% cotton V neck school jumper @ Asda .

hope this helps

bb
  • klb_3
    klb_3 Posts: 2,156 Forumite
    Options
    I, too, am having problems finding a red v neck.

Last year I got a jumper from M&S that was very thin and fell apart at the neck.

I then found some lovely cotton ones in Woolworths, which were the best yet.

I can't find anything close to the quality.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    try schooluniformonline they quality is very good + i believe they are offering 10% off.
  • squibbs25
    squibbs25 Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm sure my sister picked my nephews red v neck jumper up at Sainsburys.
    Will double check when i speak to her next.
    My beloved dog Molly
    27/05/1997-01/04/2008
    RIP my wonderful stepdad - miss you loads
    :Axxxxxxxxx:A
    our new editions
    Senna :male: and Dali :female: both JRT
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    Asda/Sainsburys/Tesco are all going to try and beat each other with the cheap school uniform thing, so I'd guess any of those three
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Surfing_spaniel
    Options
    I always struggled with the quality of cardigans, but where I am we have a National schoolwear centre, who were very good. They don't seem to have a website but are listed individually so you could see if there's one near you. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1I7SMSN_enGB323&q=national+schoolwear+centres&meta=
  • DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, tried school uniform online but no red vnecks.

I dont find Asda to be very good on quality for clothes but may give Sainsburys a call to see if they stock them as have heard good things about their clothes range. Mothercare have some online but not the size i'm after.
  • squibbs25
    squibbs25 Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just come back from Sainsburys and they defiantely have them in there, i think they are £4.00 (i did make a mental note of the price but have since forgotten now i'm posting on here! LOL
    My beloved dog Molly
    27/05/1997-01/04/2008
    RIP my wonderful stepdad - miss you loads
    :Axxxxxxxxx:A
    our new editions
    Senna :male: and Dali :female: both JRT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income