Dell printer cartridges

Options
I just bought a new computer that came with a printer, from Dell - the printer model is A920

The man who came to instal the system told me that I can only buy the cartridges from Dell. He said the Lexmark ones are the nearest but there is a difference in the corner so that people cannot use them and have to go to Dell for new cartridges.

They are prohibitively expensive! Is there a way around this? Can I have the cartridges refilled, both black and white and colour?

Thank you

Caterina
Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello,
    I can't agree more, but that's what happens when you are the big boy on the block. You can charge anything you want for cartridges and get it cause you're the only show in town. Anyway, I say try Altantci Jet.com. at: http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/superdeals.asp. They have refils for Dell cartridges and for what you would pay for 1 Color and 1 Black ink cartridge...You can refill your cartridges about 18-23 times. Nice deal if you have a little patience with refiling the cartridges. Belive me, it's well worth it!

Good luck!

Ed-
  • christymm
    christymm Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    This is an usa site and i dont think the post here,sorry if i have got it wrong.
  • System
    Options
    try https://www.inktecshop.co.uk. You can call them on 0800 083 0707 and check that you are getting the right stuff.
  • System
    Options
    consider this: just remove/ snap the little plastic lug off the top of the cartridge holder and it should then be able to use lexmark cartridges. I havnt done this but cant see why it wouldnt work. i will be using jr injet refills. they're sposed to be good?...
  • System
    Options
    Go to ink4u.co.uk 01924 455556 they will sort your problem and offer you an alternative

I have used them for Dell cartridges
  • System
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, it's true that you can only buy cartridges for Dell printers directly from Dell. It will even cost you an arm :o
    (I am a victim myself)

I have heard that dell printers are manufactured by Lexmark, but Lexmark cartridges won't go in it because of a slightly different notch on the cartridge. (I havn't tried it)

But who cares? All I want to do is print, print & print. I don't care if the cartridge is genuine dell !

I buy refills and fill it on my own, It's cheaper and satisfying for me! It only costs me around $9.95(black) and $14.95(color)

http://www.ejensonsoftware.com/printer-supplies/products/dell.htm

Hope it helps, Cheers ;D
  • System
    Options
    Dell printers CAN use Lexmark cartridges but for the price of them you may as well buy a Epson printer, buy compatible, save £15 every time you get a new cartridge and chuck the Dell in the bin.
  • llol_slim
    llol_slim Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you can "modify" your dell to accept lexmark cartridges see my post
    how to modify
    i can post photos tomorrow if it will help more

LLol_slim
    embarrassed to say I used to work for barclays..sorry
  • pjw_2
    pjw_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a printer from Dell earlier in the year for 10 quid delivered - bargain. Or so I thought until I found out how much the refills were! Taking the advice on this forum I got a DIY ink refill kit but it didn't work, the colours came out all wrong plus I stained my hands and the kitchen table in the process, I think the cartridge must have dried out.

So I ditched the Dell - it feels wrong and very wasteful but I bought a new printer. After 'extensive' research I got an Epsom C46 from Staples for 29 quid - about the price of a single cartridge for the Dell. The printer is just as good as the Dell and, this is the best bit, replacement cartridges cost 99p from 7dayshop.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure