Treatment to stop linen creasing

Options
Stupidly I bought a top that looked really nice in the shop, however as it's linen it creases horribly and looks awful after just a few minutes wearing. Before I send it to the charity shop and hope to learn from my mistakes ( but I never do, I remember doing this with a linen top before) I wondered if anyone knows of a treatment which might stop the creasing from happening?

Why do shops sell things in this fabric Is it just idiots like me who buy it or can it ever look nice?

Thanks

Eliza

Comments

• Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh I know.
    I just had to soak mine, I spilt Innocent smoothie all over it :o
    But when it's washed and dry I'm going to try spraying starch on the inside, to see if it's any better.
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But linen is meant to look creased its just the nature of the material.. I always like the shabby look of natural fibres over the smooth and overpressed manmade things.. the warmth of your body should make some of the creases less so .. please give it a try honestly it really doesn't look as bad as you think..
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Eliza_2
    Eliza_2 Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Believe me....it does! As I'm a 'traditionally-built' person it creases into every crease of mine and highlights my flab. It looks shocking. I've tried starch but the warmth of my body seems to make it worse.. it's off to Oxfam with it. Stupid woman I am!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure