Setanta Sports Ireland in N.Ireland

Options

Comments

• Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    How do you get it in N.Ireland cathy? sky? freeview?
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pretani wrote: »
    How do you get it in N.Ireland cathy? sky? freeview?

I have sky although I pay seperately for setanta, I think setanta Ireland have a base in Newry, could be wrong though

Cate
  • Artofdookie
    Artofdookie Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    Yep Setanta Ireland are based in Newry, i get it free with my Racing UK sub but without all the other channels its not worth it, even with a few football matches that i can watch online free. They have been showing very little sport unless poker is a sport
    Well I Love Tv And I Love T. Rex, I Can See Through Your Skirt I've Got X-Ray Spex
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    Not so much that the base is in Newry, rather the callcentre is Teleperformance in the Quays. They provide a lot of tele services for ROI businesses.
  • kyral
    kyral Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    lol, you made me look! I cancelled my setanta at the start of June just before they went bust. Ive just checked and Im still receiving Setanta Ireland, not much on it that appeals to me tho.

They have live EPL matches on Sat during the season but last season it was encrypted for us, be interesting to see if that still happens.

maybe Im getting it by mistake:confused:and it should have been switched off as it was part of the Setanta package for me.
  • seatzie
    seatzie Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    kyral espn have taken over the Setanta rights, you won't be getting EPL games next season without subscribing to ESPN, all the Setanta affiliated channels, LFC TV etc now broadcast unencrypted until ESPN kicks in in a couple of weeks time
    Norn Iron Club Member #64

Wikkity Wikkity Wikkity Lets go racing!
  • kyral
    Options
    seatzie wrote: »
    kyral espn have taken over the Setanta rights, you won't be getting EPL games next season without subscribing to ESPN, all the Setanta affiliated channels, LFC TV etc now broadcast unencrypted until ESPN kicks in in a couple of weeks time

I know Espn have got setanta rights, Im not bothered about the EPL as it was the SPL I watched. The whole thing has turned into a total rip-off for anyone interested in Scottish football, in order to see the same amount of games I would have to up my Sky subscription and then add ESPN on top of that!:mad: Not impressed lol.
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    Word of advice folks. A friend of mine was telling me that she got an email from Setanta Ireland the other day. They were 'happy to transfer her service' to them from Setanta UK.

She called them up and was told that they had automatically transferred her on 23rd June, so they now want payment for the past month for no service! Also confirmed that there will be no Prem matches on Setanta Irl for UK subscribers.

Check your inboxes!
  • YV01
    YV01 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I'm very confused with what is happening with Setanta. I had subscribed to Setanta and was getting it on Sky. I didn't cancel my direct debit yet as still trying to figure out what is going on - fair enough I wasn't charged for it in July. I'm still getting Setanta Ireland though. But not getting Setanta Sports 1, which is still running, I think?? If i'm paying for Setanta Ireland should I not be getting SS1 as well?

P.S. I'm in N. Ireland
  • kyral
    Options
    They said they would stop collecting DD's from Uk customers at the end of June as the channels would no longer be broadcasting (due to admistration proceedings and no-one to bail them out), which is most likely why they didnt take your July payment.

Im in N.I. and cancelled my DD at start of June, I still can watch Setanta Ireland although some progs are encrypted, I also still get Liverpool and Arsenal TV but dont know how long this will continue.

You should cancel your DD as what you signed up for no longer exists.:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure