Hairstyle for my face/age/hairtype etc

Options
I Have been a quiet observer on this forum for some time ( and picked up some great new tips and products along the way).

I thought it was about time to ask a question and gain the wealth of all your combined knowledges.

I am having my hair cut next week and would like a bit of a change and am in need of some inspiration. Would like a bit of advice about where to look, I know there are some sites where you place a haircut on your digital photo but not keen bothering with all this.

Have below the shoulder straight hair (fairly fine) . with fringe, honey highlights. Also I am 42 and although I am wearing well (hopefully!) would like to avoid my style pulling my feature down. My other requirement is that it should be a low maintenance style (don't want much, do I?)
I have a Squareish face, strong jawline.

Thanks I know that you can help me out

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    You really need to talk to your hairdresser and ask what they suggest but I've recently had mine cut to shoulder length and heavily layered - razored at the front so it hangs well and looks good up or down. I've got a fringe too which I've kept for now, but my hardresser suggested i move to a side parting and grow out one of these swept fringes which I think will be nice - but I have a different face shape so that makes a difference.

C xx
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    Try Googling Ellen Barkin. Or look at Reese Witherspoon's shorter styles.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look at http://www.ukhairdressers.com/

They have thousands of photos of different styles, print a few off that you like and take them to the hairdressers. They'll work with them to get something that suits you.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport