Car bluetooth kits

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
6 replies 898 views
barryheffronbarryheffron Forumite
412 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hi, other than Halfords, can anyone recommend where to buy a.b.d that will also install them for a reasonable price?
The one i was looking at was a Parrot CK3000 which, including installation at Halfords, at the minute is £120.
I thought before making a purchase i would check here first.

Replies

• MilkoMilko Forumite
    658 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The Iceman in Bangor will supply & install that kit for £99, I had one in my last car and can't fault it.
    However, you can also get the Iceman to supply & install a device called "I/O Talk" which allows for up to 5 handsets to be connected & it will also stream Bluetooth audio (any music you have on your phone or bluetooth enabled mp3 player etc...) through the cars speakers. This effectively gives you another audio source in your car and works a treat. This device can be supplied & fitted for £99 depending on whether any leads are needed.
    I'm now using this in both my wifes & my own car and got to say i love it.
    In my own car, I've my SE C902 connected as my personal phone & music stream, whilst my Black Berry can also connect at the same time solely as a music stream. Basically like all BT kits, you can only have one "phone" device connected for making / taking calls.
    Hope this helps.
  • Would the Iceman take out an old device - I have bought a vehicle where the handfrees device looks about 7 years old - wires everywhere. I'm afriad to cut the wires just in case!!
  • MilkoMilko Forumite
    658 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Would the Iceman take out an old device - I have bought a vehicle where the handfrees device looks about 7 years old - wires everywhere. I'm afriad to cut the wires just in case!!

Yes they would but it's likely to cost you about £20. Ask for Billy or Russell
  • edited 30 July 2009 at 9:43PM
    Indigo's_MumIndigo's_Mum Forumite
    152 Posts
    edited 30 July 2009 at 9:43PM
    I got a fantastic car stereo in Lidl with built in bluetooth, USB port, SD slot, record capabilities, bluetooth audio streaming and loads more. Cost £59.99 and my hubby fitted it in minutes.

Oh, and it has a remote control too, you can dial the last number called from the stereo or remote control, the number calling comes up on the face plate and gives track properties from the audio source.
  • barryheffronbarryheffron Forumite
    412 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I got a fantastic car stereo in Lidl with built in bluetooth, USB port, SD slot, record capabilities, bluetooth audio streaming and loads more. Cost £59.99 and my hubby fitted it in minutes.

Oh, and it has a remote control too, you can dial the last number called from the stereo or remote control, the number calling comes up on the face plate and gives track properties from the audio source.

my sister just bought that one too and she loves it.
    unfortunately due to my type of car,(Seat Altea) it wouldn't suit.
    the stereo is built in to the dash.
  • BigcammyBigcammy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look at Visorlite carkits. These clip to your sun visor and pair with the handset by bluetooth. They're simple and unsophisticated, no display for instance, but we use them in work now instead of paying to install/uninstall/reinstall car kits, much more cost effective.

The basic one is on Amazon for about £30.
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals