Razor Blade Query.

Options
Are Gillettes Mach III turbo blades any different to the Mach III blades and can both be used with the same razor?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• shaz77_2
    shaz77_2 Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    Options
    Any takers on the query above?
  • Count_Dante
    Count_Dante Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't a clue what the difference is meant to be, but yes you can use the blades with the same razor handle. But you are just wasting your money on the stupid things.
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My husband did a test with these two blades and found no difference other than colour. He only gets the non turbo ones now :D.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • jumpycheese1
    jumpycheese1 Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Options
    Also the normal Mach 3 are about 80p cheaper for 5:D;)
    "The reason we're successful, darling? My overall charisma, of course." -- Freddie Mercury

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels - Anon.
  • mewbie_2
    mewbie_2 Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    shaz77 wrote: »
    Are Gillettes Mach III turbo blades any different to the Mach III blades and can both be used with the same razor?

Thanks in advance.
    You should never mix the blades. If you read the little instruction leaflet it warns of a serious danger of an accidental Brazilian when using incorrectly fitted blades.
  • Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    Options
    shaz77 wrote: »
    Are Gillettes Mach III turbo blades any different to the Mach III blades and can both be used with the same razor?.
    They are very different.

They have an extra meaningless marketing buzz word in their name to attract the gullible consumer.

Lets face it, anything called Mach and Turbo has just got to be far better than just plain old Mach.

Now, if only Gillette could come up with a “Warp Speed Turbo Digital HD Ready New and Improved Blade, they would really corner the market in gentleman's shaving accruements.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have been looking around in old chemist shops in the hope of finding a single-edge razor blade, no I haven't started to sprout facial hair, its just they are the best thing I know for sharpening pencils, a lot better than the commercial sharpeners.I do quite a bit of crafting and have quite a lot of both ordinary and watercolour pencils. They used to be sold a few years ago but I can't find any on the market at the moment . Its really an old stock from an old-fashioned chemist that I may find some.I know I could use a stanley knife but I'm not too keen on those and a small single edged one would be easier to put on my carrying case and a lot safer as well.
  • Markyt
    Markyt Posts: 11,864 Forumite
    Options
    Avoriaz wrote: »
    Now, if only Gillette could come up with a “Warp Speed Turbo Digital HD Ready New and Improved Blade, they would really corner the market in gentleman's shaving accruements.

Apropos of nothing at all, I've tried both Gillete and Wilkinsons blades lately.

Gillette - good shave, no problems, close, last for ages

Wilkinsons - face like chopped ham.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Update on my single edged blade search ,suddenly realised I'm sitting looking at the biggest shop in the world. Googled it and found a place that sells them and have two packets of six blades winging their way towards me for less than £4.00, Doh what a plank I am at times.Oh the wonders of the internet :)
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I have been looking around in old chemist shops in the hope of finding a single-edge razor blade, no I haven't started to sprout facial hair, its just they are the best thing I know for sharpening pencils, a lot better than the commercial sharpeners.I do quite a bit of crafting and have quite a lot of both ordinary and watercolour pencils. They used to be sold a few years ago but I can't find any on the market at the moment . Its really an old stock from an old-fashioned chemist that I may find some.I know I could use a stanley knife but I'm not too keen on those and a small single edged one would be easier to put on my carrying case and a lot safer as well.

The old blades are great for cutting wallpaper...Such a fine cut,you would never see it when overlapping.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport