We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HSBC Advice

HSBC has written to me asking how I intend to repay about my overdrawn balance of £245.

I've offered to repay them £20 a month in the hope that this will get them off my backs and eventually pay off the debt without me getting into a worse situation.

Do you think they'll accept this?

I've moved my everyday account to another bank, along with my direct debits and standing orders because I'd had enough of them.

Comments

• When they asked me to repay my overdraft, I made them an offer of £100 per month (£1450 OD) and the lady said to me that it wasn't acceptable as it would take more than 12 months to pay off and asked me to pay £120 per month , so I reckon your offer of £20 per month should be okay. I wasn't banking with them either at the time, I had moved and not paid off the OD, however she did also say they would reduce the OD by £120 each month, and they didn't, I still have an OD facility of £1450 even though it is paid off, so maybe they will just take it off me all in one go in November?
    Start Date: 27/11/2010
    Padding: Day 42
    Target £8000
    Amount: £562.23
  • notlongnow_2
    notlongnow_2 Posts: 694 Forumite
    After I was a student my overdraft was nearly 2K. I offered £25 a month and they accepted instantly.

hth.
    May £10 a day challenge
    £19.61/£310
    Ebay challenge...£12.61/£200
  • You always offer less then you can afford.

a: If they accept then you have more spending money in your pockets.

b: If they do not accept, then you have that extra little bit to move up to which was your original intention in the first place.

Nick Smith
    Property value: £97,500. Owe £20,000 on it and pay just £245 a month. Savings: Minimum target is £300 a month. Debt: Nil except for mortgage. Holidays abroad: Minimum 4 a year.
  • jlanky81
    jlanky81 Posts: 30 Forumite
    I sent a letter to their Customer Credit Services (some PO Box address in Salford), which was on the letter they sent to me with my offer of repayment at the beginning of last week and also asked that should they wish to discuss the matter further to write to me.

However, I'm still getting phone calls from 08007831488, which seems to be HSBC and I aren't answering them.

I feel harrassed and also worried that they've perhaps not received the letter I sent :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.