Gift for new mum

Options
My friend is due to give birth for the first time any day now. I'll be buying gifts for the new baby but wanted to get her something as well. Nothing too expensive. Any ideas?

Comments

• Fourcandles_3
    Options
    What about a small treats basket. Bubble bath, chocolate, posh biscuits. What ever you can pick up cheaply.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    She is going to be shattered when she gets the baby home - so what about some candles, bubble bath, sachets of facepack, nice shampoo, that sort of thing with some 'vouchers' for babysitting, so she can relax in peace while you watch the baby?
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • riggerz
    riggerz Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    I sell a few things on my website that are for parents (especially Mums!!) you could get ideas from there. Try this as a thoughtful gift - easily made it would only take you 5 mins!!!
    http://www.totallygifted.co.uk/page8.htm (this is for illustration purposes only - not to try and get orders!!!!!)

It's the thought that counts!
    :dance: Thanks to everybody in the crafting threads who inspired me to start my own business!!
  • lynn2
    lynn2 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    There are some New Mummy gifts here
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    How about baking a cake or some biscuits?

Offer to help out round the house or to babysit?

Lavender oil, add to bath water it helps healing. Very necessary after giving birth ;)

Chocolate :D
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    Food. Bring food. The sort of food that can be eaten one handed and tastes great right out of the microwave.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • bertha
    bertha Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Meals on plates that can be frozen and reheated in the microwave - a sure success!
  • MurdochMcMaster
    Options
    Food for mum is always good - but the best idea above is to give some time. Go round and cook some meals, do a bit of cleaning - let mum and the new baby have some quiet time together.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    Do cleaning services do gift vouchers? I'm hiring someone for next Saturday because my family are travelling over and I don't want the place to be a big mess.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    When my friend had her first baby earlier this year I got her:

> Poss chocs
    > Non-alcoholic wine (she breast fed)
    > lavender bubble bath
    > some other lavender smellies (she loves lavender)

And a hand knitted toy for Bubs which my neighbour made.
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport