Slumming it – Festival Fashion and Beauty

Options
Righty;
My lovely boyfriend has won us a pair of tickets to Sonisphere festival next weekend! :j

Only thing is I haven’t been to a festival since I was at university when my beauty regime involving simply adding more eyeliner everyday and never removing it. I had short dyed black and red hair which was very much wash and go and I lived in converse and combat trousers.

Roll on ten years and I am very much Miss High Maintenance. How am I going to manage three nights in a tent, without showers, hair straighteners, and my huuuge make up bag?

What do I wear???

Should I really scare all of Knebworth Park by going sans make-up?

What essentials do I need to take; to ensure I still look luscious but also is practical to apply in a tent/carry etc.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Amy
I'm so boring, my clothes wanna keep someone else warm, someone cooler

Comments

• chika
    chika Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haha - my problem too, to be honest everyone else looks like a tramp so it doesn't really matter. The only reason that Kate Moss etc look great when photographed is because they get helicoptered in from five star luxury in the morning.

Anyway tips - get the best face wipes you can - also babywipes etc for washing. There are showers but they are unofficial loos so you will end up dirtier after the shower.

A can of dry shampoo is essential - it really does work. For make up don't take a big bag - just products that double up. The Nars multiple is fantastic - eye shadow, lippy and blush in one. Also waterproof eyeliner and mascara and vaseline as lip gloss - the pink coloured rose one is good.

I think the trick is to go for the fresh faced look - start drinking loadsa water now and you will look fab sans make up!
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
  • amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chika wrote: »
    I think the trick is to go for the fresh faced look - start drinking loadsa water now and you will look fab sans make up!

Was thinking about getting a tinted moisturiser then i could go without powder. I don't have bad skin just really pale. Hopefully with tinted moisturiser and bronzer i should be ok.

Hair is a nightmare; long and very dry. Dry shampoo is horrible in my hair so think i'll just properly blow dry and straighten it before i go and then tie it back.

I wear contacts 90% of the time; and my BF says i should give up on them and just wear glasses but not sure?
  • supersmith
    supersmith Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    I wear contacts - and have worn them to a festival before - the only thing to watch out for is keeping your hands clean when taking out/putting back in. There should be water and you can take soap so this shouldn't be too hard. And then you just need to watch out for keeping them in too long when you've been drinking cider all day! :) I had a better time of it with contacts when I got some daily ones - would this be an option just for a few days - at least you know they're clean and sterile in the morning.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    Tinted moisturiser, a nice hat (the ends of hair always look better than the bit closest to your head, and you can tie it up/put it in pigtails or braids if you want), lip gloss, baby wipes to clean the dirt off.

I always wore wellies and a short skirt on the grounds that the sun is good to legs when it's out and skin is more waterproof than clothing.

Take a big scarf type thing as well - it can be a blanket or a scarf or a bandana or you can twist it into a bag or a sarong or wet it and wash with it.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wear daily contacts anyway so that should be cool. Don't mind wearing glasses but during the day it'll annoy me having to wear glasses and carry prescription sunnies as well.
  • katie1986
    katie1986 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    amyb wrote: »
    I wear contacts 90% of the time; and my BF says i should give up on them and just wear glasses but not sure?

I also wear contacts, monthly ones. But for festivals I usually go to the opticians and buy some daily disposable ones before I go, so I can just take them out and chuck them at the end of the day and put a new pair in the next day. Then I don't have to faff around with cases etc.

If you don't want to use dry shampoo, maybe take a hat or something for the last day when your hair might look a bit worse for wear.

Essential item: babywipes! Have a good time :beer:

ETA: cross posted about the contact lenses!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure