Day 5 and i'm still smiling - just!!

Morning All,

Well its 5 days since i faced up to reality and started facing up to my debts. I started my diary (Mission impossible - i hope not!) and i have so far managed to try and stay focused:cool:.

When i first faced up to my debt i felt sick and very ashamed:o - that feeling is still there but i have decided that i can't change the past but do have a choice about my future so i am determined to sort my finances out once and for all!!.

i have spent years spending money i didn't have and paying off credit only to take out more - never again!!!. We currently earn £80k a year between me and hubby (fairly evenly split) so i want to be able to have that hard earned money in my pocket not lining someone elses! Ok rant over here is what i have done this week.......
  • I have registered and listed some books on greenmetropolis (and sold one :j)
  • I have listed 40 items on ebay. 30 are still running but i have sold 8 so far:j
  • I have signed up to make a £1000 in 100 days and i am off the mark with that
  • I have set myself a very steep target of paying off £4k by the end of 09:eek:. I am well on my way with that. i have paid off £641.17 which i am really please with as i have only been going 5 days :T
  • I have had 2 NSD's this week and 2 LSD's.
  • I have sat down and worked out a budget forecast for the next 12 months
  • I have done 3 mystery shops and have another 2 to do next week.
All in All i am feeling quite proud. I know i have a very long way to go and it won't always be easy but i am trying to stay strong.
V 12500 B 8300 N 1900 Oct £51/£155

Comments

• catspaw
    catspaw Posts: 667 Forumite
    mornign, welcome to the boards
    you sound like you are very organised....wish I could pay off £600+ in 5 days!!!! please please tell me your secret
    Proud to be dealing with my debt:eek:

TOTAL: £6,437 (04/01/2013) slowly but surely it is decreasing:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family