We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Post BR and Pension question.
skylight
Posts: 10,721 Forumite
Howdy oh knowledgeable ones.
How I bow to thee.
My question. My Pension pot - that is not under the BR estate at all. I am looking to transfer it to a SIPP. So I have received today my letter with transfer values on it. but there is a paragraph on it that reads:
I can confirm that a bankruptcy order is in place for this policy and that a trustee in bankruptcy has been appointed.
Thats it with reference to my BR. Does it mean that I need to get the OR to contact my pension company to release themselves as trustees before I can transfer the pension??? Do you think it makes a difference??
As always, dutifully yours,
Sky
xxx
How I bow to thee.
My question. My Pension pot - that is not under the BR estate at all. I am looking to transfer it to a SIPP. So I have received today my letter with transfer values on it. but there is a paragraph on it that reads:
I can confirm that a bankruptcy order is in place for this policy and that a trustee in bankruptcy has been appointed.
Thats it with reference to my BR. Does it mean that I need to get the OR to contact my pension company to release themselves as trustees before I can transfer the pension??? Do you think it makes a difference??
As always, dutifully yours,
Sky
xxx
0
Comments
-
Oh bountiful ones.
I have slight concern that no-one has yet been able to leap to my rescue and supply any information regarding my delicate matter.
I have little to rely on in life, with the only exception of the splendid members of this most wonderful board and forum. Therefore please accept this gentle nudge to re-position this post towards the top of this board to serve as a reminder.
As always, yours,
Sky
xx0 -
I don't have an answer for you, but I hope you get one soon
Look down your nose at me and I thumb my nose back at you.
Bankrupt: 8th July 2009
Early Discharge: 19th Jan 2010
Proud BSC Member: 2780 -
I dunno pet

(didn't want you to feel ignored:D)Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear0 -
i'm a little puzzled that a pension that the OR didnt show interest in is showing contac trustee.....i'd say contact your OR (or wait till fermi's on!!)We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will0
-
huh? hwat are you on about0
-
-
Sob... Sob....0
-
Howdy oh knowledgeable ones.Flattery will get you everywhere Sky,
How I bow to thee. Be careful if you're wearing a short skirt.:D
My question. My Pension pot - that is not under the BR estate at all. I am looking to transfer it to a SIPP. So I have received today my letter with transfer values on it. but there is a paragraph on it that reads:
I can confirm that a bankruptcy order is in place for this policy and that a trustee in bankruptcy has been appointed.
Thats it with reference to my BR. Does it mean that I need to get the OR to contact my pension company to release themselves as trustees before I can transfer the pension??? Do you think it makes a difference??
As always, dutifully yours,
Sky
xxx
Hi Sky,
I've not had any personal experience of that situation, but I've never tried to transfer a pension.
I think it's a fairly standard procedure for any potential asset to come to the attention of the O.R and for them to note their "possible" interest. If its a pension that the O.R can't touch, and most fall into that category, then I don't think there's anything to worry about.
I'd contact the pension provider first and ask them what you need to do, and then take it from there. You may well need to contact your O.R at some point, but I think that will just be a formality.
Regards
Rich0 -
Richard_S. My hero. Thank you.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards