We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Going abroad when BR

I've been BR for almost 3 months, I seem to remember somewhere in the small print or heard a whisper somewhere that you need to inform the OR if you are leaving the country.

I'm leaving the country for 3-days in August, is it just a matter of letting the OR know out of courtesy in case they need to reach you?

Comments

  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Yep!! that's the long and short of it.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • mighty_reds
    mighty_reds Posts: 211 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Thanks, it's Ryan Air (BR friendly lol)
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Cool!! How are things going now?
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • mighty_reds
    mighty_reds Posts: 211 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Oh wow you remember me!

    Havent been on here in a while, I still haven't had the final say on my SOA, was asked for proof of child maintenance which i provided and they took an interest in the the college fee's I paid a few years ago, wanted proof of these which I obtained. Occasionally get the odd random request then don't hear from them for a while.

    Had some issues with sending stuff to the OR Recorded Delivery and they said they never got it, even though it was signed for their end, but they've been friendly and reasonable so mustn't grumble ;)
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Course I do :)

    Glad things are plodding along and haven't been to onerous. I believe if you do everything you can with in your power to do as the OR asks then you can't go far wrong.

    All the best with it all
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hiya mighty reds good to see you back again.......one question though about leaving the uk??

    Need anyone to help carry your bags? :p:D
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • larzie30
    larzie30 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Thanks, it's Ryan Air (BR friendly lol)

    Sorry to jump on your thread but I don't understand this, do you just mean because they are cheap or do some airlines penalise BR?

    I feel thicker every day that I read this site lol.

    Larz
    Bankrupt 10.50hrs 27th August 2009. Big fan of this forum because people are so helpful.
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 23 July 2009 at 11:34AM
    larzie30 wrote: »
    Sorry to jump on your thread but I don't understand this, do you just mean because they are cheap or do some airlines penalise BR?

    I feel thicker every day that I read this site lol.

    Larz

    far from it......ryan air are well known for hidden charges & booking fees when looking at flights...although no booking fee if you use an electron card (the bankrupts card of choice!!) so saving £10-20 at least! one perk of being a bankrupt suppose.....
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • motivate11
    motivate11 Posts: 53 Forumite
    my wife booked a holiday last year i have just been declared bankrupt and she hasnt paid for it all yet do i need to tell him shes been doing extra night shifts for this and will kill me if i cant go
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.