We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Confused on payment for BR
decoratingbutterfly
Posts: 25 Forumite
Hi all
I am due to ring my local county court tomorrow as I have just filed my br form online.
I'm confused as to weather I need to make a payment for declaring myself bankrupt.
I am employed part time, I have Child tax credit and my partner has working tax credit.
Can anyone help please?
Many thanks
I am due to ring my local county court tomorrow as I have just filed my br form online.
I'm confused as to weather I need to make a payment for declaring myself bankrupt.
I am employed part time, I have Child tax credit and my partner has working tax credit.
Can anyone help please?
Many thanks
0
Comments
-
The fee is £510. If you have a low income then you may be entitled to a remission of £150.
Bear with me and I'll ge ta link. Here we go, this is from the Bankruptcy Help sticky, which you should read. There is also some suggestions for help with the rest of the fees on the bottom link.
Court fee remission and forms.- HMCS - Court fees do you have to pay them? (And guidance on completing the fee remission form). (pdf)
- HMCS - Form EX160 - Application for a fee remission (pdf)
- Example application for a fee remission based on gross annual income - EX160 (Thanks to NE Derbyshire CAB)
- Example application for a fee remission based on permitted benefits - EX160 (Thanks to NE Derbyshire CAB)
- Possible assistance with Bankruptcy costs / fees (Thanks to NE Derbyshire CAB)
BSCno.87The only stupid question is an unasked oneLoving life as a Kernow Hippy0 -
Yep as Tigerfeet has said.0
-
Thanks so much, sorry, should've looked there to begin with, I just get in so much of a stress about all this...not too sure which way to go sometimes!
Ta x0 -
It's not a problem, this is a stressful time.BSCno.87The only stupid question is an unasked oneLoving life as a Kernow Hippy0
-
Anything else pops up DB you know where we all areWe all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will0
-
Thank you all....again.
I phoned CC today and have an appointment made for next friday, there was a cancellation so they booked me in.
They said for me to bring bank statements, pay slips etc and they would work out weather I needed to pay £360(reduced cost) or £510(normal price) I think I'm probably a low earner so will be the reduced price?? Im going to have to scrape about to gather the money, not to sure if Im going to be able to, its so hard to think you need to so much money to go bankrupt!
Thank you again
x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards