We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Questions my OR asked me today....1st Interview
curly09
Posts: 41 Forumite
Hey,
Had first contact with my OR today, thought I post the questions she asked me, as I was dreading what would be asked, as I had no idea and was panic stricken! Hope it helps......?
BR on Monday, didn't have to see the Judge. Told that I would be contacted in 2 working days for an initial, brief interview by OR.
10.00am this morning OR called, incredibly polite, calm and confident manor, didn't rant at me once!
She asked -
Confirmation of my personal details, DOB, address etc...
What benefits I am claiming and how much..I'm on Jobseekers and claim Housing
Went through my employment history for the last 2 years, my last employer and how much I was earning per year and take home after tax per month.
My debts, who I owed and why
Did I have any assets - car, morgage etc, I don't, so easy there....
In my own words - why had I decided to go bankrupt
She ask which account where my benefits paid into, I had opened a Barclays basic account about a month ago when I first signed on, then found out it was better to apply after BR. But she told me, 'you have to have money to live on and we have to make sure you have access to that money. We have no interest in that account, tell them the situation and if you have any problems, shout me and I'll sort them out' !!! Top lady in my opinion after that comment.....!! Just have to deal with Barclays now!
She told me that she would be sending me some info and forms to fill in and send back and they would be in touch via writing in 7 days to let me know if I would be required for a 2nd interview either by phone or face to face.
As everyone on this forum have said, OR was non judgemental, polite and only interested in clarifying the facts......still scared me to death though...!!!!
Will let you know phase 2 as and when it happens....!
Had first contact with my OR today, thought I post the questions she asked me, as I was dreading what would be asked, as I had no idea and was panic stricken! Hope it helps......?
BR on Monday, didn't have to see the Judge. Told that I would be contacted in 2 working days for an initial, brief interview by OR.
10.00am this morning OR called, incredibly polite, calm and confident manor, didn't rant at me once!
She asked -
Confirmation of my personal details, DOB, address etc...
What benefits I am claiming and how much..I'm on Jobseekers and claim Housing
Went through my employment history for the last 2 years, my last employer and how much I was earning per year and take home after tax per month.
My debts, who I owed and why
Did I have any assets - car, morgage etc, I don't, so easy there....
In my own words - why had I decided to go bankrupt
She ask which account where my benefits paid into, I had opened a Barclays basic account about a month ago when I first signed on, then found out it was better to apply after BR. But she told me, 'you have to have money to live on and we have to make sure you have access to that money. We have no interest in that account, tell them the situation and if you have any problems, shout me and I'll sort them out' !!! Top lady in my opinion after that comment.....!! Just have to deal with Barclays now!
She told me that she would be sending me some info and forms to fill in and send back and they would be in touch via writing in 7 days to let me know if I would be required for a 2nd interview either by phone or face to face.
As everyone on this forum have said, OR was non judgemental, polite and only interested in clarifying the facts......still scared me to death though...!!!!
Will let you know phase 2 as and when it happens....!
0
Comments
-
You will have no problems with Barclays if it is a Cash Account so don't worry.
Glad it went smoothly for you.BSCno.87The only stupid question is an unasked oneLoving life as a Kernow Hippy0 -
Thank you so much for that, as someone who's up in court I am absolutely petrified! This made me feel a bit better
0 -
Why do they ask you why you have decided to go BR? Can they rescind the judges decision if they don't agree?0
-
Glad today went well for you :-)
Asking why you went BR is part of working out your affairs, making sure you have not acted against the law ect ect..
No they wont rescind the judges decision but may give you a BRO if you have not acted correctly.. IE went BR because i couldnt be bothered to pay..0 -
I don't think so?
Your reason to go BR is on your SOR, so just to clarify again I presume? I told her after taking advice from NDL and CCCS I was aware of the consequences and confirmed my reasons, felt like she wanted to know the decision was mine and mine alone....0 -
Posted last note before I read nervousmother's post..! Good to know they don't change their minds...............!
As you say, they are only interested in the facts, nothing else, investigating all you have filed in your SOR....
If you're as honest as you can be, stick to what they ask, it's quite straight forward...!0 -
The Judge will not grant BR unless he knows you have sought advice0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards