We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Bankruptcy & Defaults
scouseman
Posts: 25 Forumite
Hi All
On July 15th 2008 I was declared bankrupt and the Halifax closed down my current account. I also had outstanding debts with Littlewoods direct about £1500, I sent them a copy of my bankruptcy certificate to inform them I was bankrupt and passed the account onto my administrator but they refused to acknowledge it until January this year..:mad:
Come July 15th this month I was free as bird and my bankruptcy had ended, I decided I would contact Experian to see how my credit file looked, It was good job I checked it as they had my discharge date as July 15th 2011 :rolleyes:, although I think that should be ok now as I have sent them a copt of my discharge certificate.
I also noticed on my file that Littlewoods had marked my file with missed payments from July 2008 to December 2008 and marked my account with a default on December 2008 even though I was bankrupt, I am quite sure they cannot do this but does anybody know for sure?
Also Halifax who originally said my bank accounts were closed had cancelled my £300 overdraft and marked my account with missed payment from July last right upto last month as if the account was still active, this is going to be a nightmare to sort out has anybody else experienced anything like this. I would also advise anybody who goes bankrupt to keep a close eye on there credit file..
My credit file has only 1 default on it and it was placed there 6 months after I was declared bankrupt.:rolleyes:
Good knows were all the other debt has gone to.
scouseman
On July 15th 2008 I was declared bankrupt and the Halifax closed down my current account. I also had outstanding debts with Littlewoods direct about £1500, I sent them a copy of my bankruptcy certificate to inform them I was bankrupt and passed the account onto my administrator but they refused to acknowledge it until January this year..:mad:
Come July 15th this month I was free as bird and my bankruptcy had ended, I decided I would contact Experian to see how my credit file looked, It was good job I checked it as they had my discharge date as July 15th 2011 :rolleyes:, although I think that should be ok now as I have sent them a copt of my discharge certificate.
I also noticed on my file that Littlewoods had marked my file with missed payments from July 2008 to December 2008 and marked my account with a default on December 2008 even though I was bankrupt, I am quite sure they cannot do this but does anybody know for sure?
Also Halifax who originally said my bank accounts were closed had cancelled my £300 overdraft and marked my account with missed payment from July last right upto last month as if the account was still active, this is going to be a nightmare to sort out has anybody else experienced anything like this. I would also advise anybody who goes bankrupt to keep a close eye on there credit file..
My credit file has only 1 default on it and it was placed there 6 months after I was declared bankrupt.:rolleyes:
Good knows were all the other debt has gone to.
scouseman
0
Comments
-
There is a Credit File clear up on this board somewhere, you may have to search for it!
But it tells whats what, what to do and even letter templates too.0 -
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will0
-
Piff Paff !!!!!!...0
-
size of a donkey.......We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will0
-
many thanks for the link
cheers
scouseman0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards