We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Bonuses on SOA?

How would you deal with performance related bonuses on the SOA? For example, for last year I got around 3.5K bonus/commission, paid around 2 months ago, instantly gone on paying off debt.

For this year I would be very surprised if the place I work is still open at the end of the year, if it is my bonus will be negligible. What would I want to put on the SOA under average take home pay? If I add it in it will give a figure £300 per month higher than what I actually get :confused:

Comments

  • nervousmother
    nervousmother Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I would deal with it as and when, meaning if you receive a bonus just contact your OR within 21 days and tell them about it
  • wurzella
    wurzella Posts: 113 Forumite
    So... leave it off the SOA altogether? :eek:
  • nervousmother
    nervousmother Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    is the bonus guaranteed? what you dont want is to be paying a ipa on a figure you dont know is true.. let the OR know you may get a bonus although you dont know how much and tell them you will inform them if you do get one.
  • wurzella
    wurzella Posts: 113 Forumite
    Marevellous!! Just what I wanted to hear, thanks a lot nervousemum :T
  • they took my taxable £150 bonus :(
  • wurzella
    wurzella Posts: 113 Forumite
    The problem I've got is, as nervousmother said, it's not a guaranteed bonus and I really can't see me getting anything for this year. So, if they make a ipa on the figure including my bonus I'll be back going bankrupt in a year's time!
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    NM is right you just put your normal monthly wage down on the SoA. That is your normal wage and what you are guaranteed each month to live on.

    When you get any bonuses then you notify the OR within 21 days of recieving it, this is what he would expect you to do and when you go BR you will sign legally binding forms to say this is what you will do.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • wurzella
    wurzella Posts: 113 Forumite
    That's great. Thanks a lot guys. He will obviously see my last one on my bank statements so would I be best to admit it up front as soon I speak to them? Show that I'm honest :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.