We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

SOA expenses

2»

Comments

  • wurzella
    wurzella Posts: 113 Forumite
    Bumpity bump :D

    I'm in court in less than 12 hours, any final comments on whether my SOA looks OK would be greatly appreciated before I go upstairs and stare at the ceiling until dawn :rotfl:

    All you guys have been great, I don't know how I would have got through this without this forum, thanks so much :beer:
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    wurzella wrote: »
    OK then, here it is :D This should be my state of affairs after BR. Anything here look like it would be denied? Updated my SOA with the suggestions already posted. Can anyone see any other problems here?

    Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

    Household Information

    Number of adults in household........... 2
    Number of children in household......... 1
    Number of cars owned....................

    Monthly Income Details

    Monthly income after tax................ 2100
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 100
    Benefits................................ 80
    Other income............................ 0
    Total monthly income.................... 2280


    Monthly Expense Details

    Mortgage................................ 914
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 0
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 118
    Electricity............................. 45
    Gas..................................... 45
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 12
    Telephone (land line)................... 30
    Mobile phone............................ 50 this needs to go under LL and it is £60 max for phones
    TV Licence.............................. 12
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 0
    Internet Services....................... 0
    Groceries etc. ......................... 550 the OR may cut this but leave and see.
    Clothing................................ 60 £100
    Petrol/diesel........................... 0
    Road tax................................ 0
    Car Insurance........................... 0
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 0
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 260
    Childcare/nursery....................... 0
    Other child related expenses............ 0 £5 per week activities.£2 primary school £3 secondary school dinners
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 20
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 20
    Buildings insurance..................... 31 does this include contents ins? If so is it with accidental damage?
    Contents insurance...................... 0
    Life assurance ......................... 22 the OR may have an interest in this
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 0
    Haircuts................................ 20 £25
    Entertainment........................... 0
    Holiday................................. 30 £60
    Emergency fund.......................... 0
    Total monthly expenses.................. 2239



    Assets

    Cash.................................... 150000
    House value (Gross)..................... 0
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 0
    Other assets............................ 0
    Total Assets............................ 150000



    Secured & HP Debts

    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Mortgage...................... 149000...(914)......0
    Total secured & HP debts...... 149000....-.........-


    Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Total unsecured debts..........0.........0.........-



    Monthly Budget Summary

    Total monthly income.................... 2,280
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 2,239
    Available for debt repayments........... 41
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 0
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 41


    Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total assets (things you own)........... 150,000
    Total HP & Secured debt................. -149,000
    Total Unsecured debt.................... -0
    Net Assets.............................. 1,000


    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using Firefox browser.


    Have a play with the figures
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • wurzella
    wurzella Posts: 113 Forumite
    Really, £100 for clothing and £60 for holidays? The OR wouldn't think that's flamboyant?
    My life insurance isn't redeemable, what kind of interest could he have in that?
    With the phones, I've put £80 under telephone charges, he'll cut that then?
    No contents insurance, I cancelled that a while ago when I was getting into trouble, no contents that are worth anything anyway :rotfl:

    Thanks for the help tiger
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    wurzella wrote: »
    Really, £100 for clothing and £60 for holidays? The OR wouldn't think that's flamboyant? Nope!!
    My life insurance isn't redeemable, what kind of interest could he have in that? The OR will wait till you die and then claim it. You usually get a chance to buy the BI for £50 or you could let it lapse and sort another out after BR. Depends on how good a deal you have.
    With the phones, I've put £80 under telephone charges, he'll cut that then? Try it and see. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If he cuts it then it no worries but if he leaves it, bonus.
    No contents insurance, I cancelled that a while ago when I was getting into trouble, no contents that are worth anything anyway :rotfl:

    Thanks for the help tiger

    I would definatly get contents now. What if the motor goes on your fridge or some one spills juice on your laptop? Allow about £20. Go to Martin's guide to get the cheapest insurance and then go to Quidco.com and/or Topcashback and see if you can get any cash back from any of the insurers.

    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/home-insurance
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • wurzella
    wurzella Posts: 113 Forumite
    Brilliant, going to change those figures then. And I'll put my life insurance on, I'd left it off as it had no redemption clause, didn't occur to me that he'd take it when I die. I'll look into the contents insurance but it's a bit late now me thinks, I'm in court in 9 1/2 hours :T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.