The Itemiser - A New Challenge - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

The Itemiser - A New Challenge

edited 2 December 2009 at 12:07AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
43 replies 9.4K views

Replies

• tenmahtenmah Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Just wanted to say what a great idea! The balance on my credit card is a tranfer of a loan that I have had for many years, so don't have any idea now what it was used for, so I can't join in, but I thought it was a really clever idea.

Well done and hope everyone has fun paying their items off.
    OD [STRIKE] £2600 [/STRIKE] £0 :j Loan [STRIKE]£9500.00[/STRIKE] £0 :j Car [STRIKE]£3150[/STRIKE] £0 :j Moving Costs [STRIKE]£1300[/STRIKE] £0 :j Savings £1150 :j

Everytime I hear the 'dirty' word Exercise, I wash my mouth out with chocolate!
  • I've paid my DD today of £7.13 so that's going off my total :D

Good Luck to the new people that are joining in the challenge :j

tenmah... I agree it's a fab idea, if I hadn't have found it I'm sure I'd have only paid my minimum £7.13p this month so it really has helped :T:T

Taylo I hope you're enjoying the festive season and are back with us soon so you can carry on attacking abbey!
    :DGetting back on it Oct 2012 :D
    Debt Oct '12 £1398.70:o
    NSD Oct 1/10
    GC Oct £102.11/150.00
  • Less that £20 to go...and I know I have definitely got that in my 20p's I just need to cash them in tomorrow and then that's bye bye to that item :j:j:j:j:j
    NSD Oct 1/10
    GC Oct £102.11/150.00
  • makeupmakeup Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Wow, bowski, you've done brilliantly. You paid for those tickets in no time at all :j:j

Well done Taylo on the idea, so good and also a bit annoying to be still paying for something you did ages ago! I never thought about my debts in that way but should have ..... would have definitely put me off slapping more rubbish on the cc!
    I've got my own flat :j:j

Now I have to pay the bills :eek:

And feed my interiors addiction ;)
  • Thanks makeup... I still haven't decided if I'm going yet but they need paying for whatever I decide.

I have withdrawn £7.70 from one of my bingo accounts and have paid it straight off the card before I spend it on something else. I don't have alot left to pay now and the actual credit card is now down to less than £90 so at least in 2010 I know I'm going to go from 2 CC's to 1 :j

I need to get them damn 20p's cashed in as I have £25 worth. I've been busy this week so will do it when I get chance. It's nice to know it's there ready to pay off anyways :D
    NSD Oct 1/10
    GC Oct £102.11/150.00
  • Hi

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

1st payment of my plan £99.33 to CC.

Thanks
    Janey
  • Wow janek, thats a great start! :j:j
    NSD Oct 1/10
    GC Oct £102.11/150.00
  • I've just paid another £2.71... not much to go now :j:j I'll pay the rest on Wed when I get paid.
    NSD Oct 1/10
    GC Oct £102.11/150.00
  • Well done Bowski, every bit helps. Do you have your next item ready for attack? I've joined the payment a day challenge, which would be fine if I could make payments on-line (I can't at the moment because my bank text me a secure number and as some idiot nicked my phone on NYE I can't get texts). Will start again later in the week when replacement SIM arrives.

All the best
    Janey
  • Yes I have Janey, I've bought 2 courteeners tickets amounting to £43.30 so that's going to be next.
    I used to do payments a day but then I didn't even have a penny to pay at one point so I gave up.
    This challenge was especially good for me coz I was considering not going as I couldnt afford the tickets but now it's made me pay for them and feel better about going knowing I only have to pay for travel plus a bit of spends on the day.
    NSD Oct 1/10
    GC Oct £102.11/150.00