We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cash plus (wots it all about)

Can someone please explain to me the concept of a cashplus card......recentley discharged.

How does it work?
What are the charges and how do i get charged..?
Why get one if i have an cashminder electron...?
Will it make my credit rating better?
what are the benefits?

Is it just another gimmick i could do without..?

Thank u
:D MOVE ALONG........ nothing to see here..! :rolleyes:

Comments

  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 22 July 2009 at 1:59PM
    nomis21 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me the concept of a cashplus card......recentley discharged.

    How does it work?
    What are the charges and how do i get charged..?
    Why get one if i have an cashminder electron...?
    Will it make my credit rating better?
    what are the benefits?

    EVERYTHING about cashplus but you were afraid to ask here

    http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/faq/default.aspx

    Is it just another gimmick i could do without..? probably.....I've never had the need to use one (although I did purchase a prey pay card which i've never used)...can come in handy if you ever needed a mastercard or visacard plus some people have used this card in the past for car hire etc...where usually the co-op bank card is declined



    Thank u



    Just a few thoughts
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • nervousmother
    nervousmother Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I have a cash plus and must say use it more than my co-op card. The main reason I got one was so I could shop at tesco.com. Now I transfer all my spare money to it and spend as and when (leaving enough in co-op for bills).
  • nomis21
    nomis21 Posts: 200 Forumite
    I have a cash plus and must say use it more than my co-op card. The main reason I got one was so I could shop at tesco.com. Now I transfer all my spare money to it and spend as and when (leaving enough in co-op for bills).

    Great thanks nervousmother i see the advantage of using the cashplus card like the way you are using it, but ......
    What are the charges? Is it a monthly charge? Do you get charged for not having money on the card? Do you get charged for using the card? What about using cash machines to withdraw your money, do you get charged for using them?
    :D MOVE ALONG........ nothing to see here..! :rolleyes:
  • nervousmother
    nervousmother Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    The card now costs £4.95 to buy, plus £4.95 per month on the option I use, or you can use it and get charged per transaction, check out the terms and conditions.. i have never withdrawn cash out of a machine but believe ther is a charge.
    Cashplus also offer credit builder my be worth looking at once discharged
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.