We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
house help please
snowmouse
Posts: 29 Forumite
Many thanks to all the very useful posts I`ve read previously on the subject. I`m not yet BR but I`m sure I`ll have to be.
I live in House `A`. House A is worth £80k with a £60k mortgage so £20k equity. I`m presuming that the OR will want to sell that so I have the option of moving in to house `B`.
House B was bought near peak so the mortgage is 130k but the value is 110k. I presume that at the end of 3 years the mortgage titile will revert to me? Or do I have to buy the beneficial interest first?
My question relates to mortgage overpayment on B before babkrupcy. Will the mortgagee on house B accept a MO? How will the OR view this, and what would be the repurcussions?
All advice received with many thanks.
I live in House `A`. House A is worth £80k with a £60k mortgage so £20k equity. I`m presuming that the OR will want to sell that so I have the option of moving in to house `B`.
House B was bought near peak so the mortgage is 130k but the value is 110k. I presume that at the end of 3 years the mortgage titile will revert to me? Or do I have to buy the beneficial interest first?
My question relates to mortgage overpayment on B before babkrupcy. Will the mortgagee on house B accept a MO? How will the OR view this, and what would be the repurcussions?
All advice received with many thanks.
0
Comments
-
Hi Snowmouse & welcome.
Are both houses in sole name or joint? Obviously this makes a different on the available equity figure. If sole name then I would think that if there is a retievable figure on the first property (A) then the OR will take it.
On the property that has no equity (B) then the OR will not have an interest. The OR will investigate any large payments but I would think it unlikely ( if not virtually impossible) that the mortgage company (the mortgagee) will agree to refund any overpayment. The Mortgage Co will not want to potentially increase their exposure position to a debt secured in a negative equity senario...esp when the mortgagor (the borrower) is bankrupt.
I would call one of the debt charities for further advice.
Hope that makes sense.
Angiexx0 -
Just to add . It is not recommended that any overpayment is made on a mortgage when you know that you are in an insolvent position. It will likely open the individual up to BR restrictions BRO/BRU & the OR will find out from statements etc.0
-
So_Sad_Angel wrote: »Just to add . It is not recommended that any overpayment is made on a mortgage when you know that you are in an insolvent position. It will likely open the individual up to BR restrictions BRO/BRU & the OR will find out from statements etc.
Forgive my ignorance, what form might those restrictions take?0 -
Forgive my ignorance, what form might those restrictions take?
bit of a read here....
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/guidanceleafletspdf/bro.pdfWe all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards