Recycling electronics for cash?

Hi there,

Just a quick question - is there a website in which you can recycle your old electronics like games consoles or stereos and get money for it? Like the mobile phone recycling sites.

Thanks!

Nikki x
October Grocery Challenge - £67.18/£135
Save up £500 - £0/£500
NSDs for October - 0/10

Comments

• I've not come across one, but it would be a great idea.
  • scbk
    scbk Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ebay, or the local ads paper ;)
  • I was wondering the same
    I have a really really old computer - so old that it is so ridiculously slow and I doubt the fact that anyone would want to buy it.

Is there a place where I can recylce for cash?

When selling on eBay don't you just sell the pieces?

Plus, I have a HiFi System that I want to get rid of and a telephone.

I'm struggling to find a website for the UK. Sending it abroad would just be mad wouldn't it?
  • Yep, try tradeyourstuff.co.uk they buy consoles and games.
    Good luck
  • Yes you can recycle old games consoles, digital cameras, mp3 players and other electronics at recyclingforcash.co.uk

:D
  • beckybl
    beckybl Posts: 6 Forumite
    Also try digirecycle.com , they will take all Electronics goods - MP3, Digital cameras, Sat Navs, consoles and games. They will also take on faulty items in some situaitons.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's always worth checking Ebay past sales as some 'retro' games stuff can go for silly prices, especially in good condition with boxes/manuals etc. There's an Atari 800 going for £200 with 25 bids.

I really, really, really wanted an Atari 800 when I was a kid.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It's surprising what people will buy 2nd hand. A few years ago we sold an old computer in the local paper. It wouldn't boot up and had 2 viruses. We stated that in the advert but someone still bought it for £40. Couldn't believe it. The chap who bought it said that he would use what he could from it. Recently, my partner sold a broken MP3 player on ebay for £16. He was very honest in the descritption about the fact that it didn't work at all, but it still had a lot of interest. I guess there are people out there who like to fiddle with taking stuff apart, building compsoite stuff, etc, I don't know.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • ayeshasi
    ayeshasi Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Im also looking for somewhere to recycle bluetooth sets, digital camera, a laptop and pc. Found many sites for mobile phones....cant seem to see any that will recycle the above :s
  • ayeshasi
    ayeshasi Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BUMP!
    Anyone??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts