Info for Quidco + Dada Mobile users

Just a quick note for anyone who has used free simcards to get cashback with Quidco + Dada.
It looks like they've changed their system, it was as normal this morning, but I just tried this afternoon and now you need to text back to confirm your free weeks membership - so it will no longer work with sims that don't have any airtime on them.

*edit - It's working as usual for me again now, no textback for the moment

Comments

• mm66
    mm66 Posts: 550 Forumite
    This is how it has been for atleast 45 days. you have to text back for confirmation. So you only need 10-15p credit to text back. still worth it
  • zounds
    zounds Posts: 444 Forumite
    mm66 wrote:
    This is how it has been for atleast 45 days. you have to text back for confirmation. So you only need 10-15p credit to text back. still worth it
    Hmm strange, I must have used 30 in the past 45 days, they have always texted me the code I need to confirm without me texting back.
    I used 3 t-mobile cards this morning without any credit on them for £12 cashback.
    I only noticed a different confirmation page and recieved a different text that I had to reply to when I used one this afternoon.
  • tomgman
    tomgman Posts: 118 Forumite
    I did loads on freefivers and they banned me from using dadamobile via free fivers. I have done a few via quidco. Do you defiately get paid via them?
  • zounds
    tomgman wrote:
    I did loads on freefivers and they banned me from using dadamobile via free fivers. I have done a few via quidco. Do you defiately get paid via them?
    All mine are showing as tracked, not verified yet tho' - so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed, they do say dada takes around 3 months.
  • Ryanski
    Ryanski Posts: 359 Forumite
    How much do you get paid for each one??
  • zounds
    Ryanski wrote:
    How much do you get paid for each one??
    £4

I've never had to text back tho' until today, which means free cards without any airtime worked as well, but you need enough on the sim for one text now, as mm66 said, still good, just not as good.
  • Basically all you have to do is follow their link via quidco, enter a mobile phone number and then your paid £4?? Is that all you have to do?
    Its better to close your mouth and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt...:p
  • Can you register as many times as you wish with the same number/sims - or do you have to use different numbers/sims each time to get the £4 ??

Cheers

Leigh-Anne
  • zounds
    Can you register as many times as you wish with the same number/sims - or do you have to use different numbers/sims each time to get the £4 ??

Cheers

Leigh-Anne
    A different sim each time of course! :p
  • tomgman
    tomgman Posts: 118 Forumite
    I like freefivers method as it onlytakes 30 days but if you wait 3 months you get double....hmm such a hard choice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure