PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tips and Quick Questions on “How To Start Being Old Style”

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• redfragglebiker
    Options
    Hello Mummybrook! :waves: I agree with savingqueen and Lilyplonk, perhaps have a trawls through some of the previous threads and see what interests you. A gentle way to start if you;re not too sure of yourself on posting might be just to say a quick thank you to someone whos tips you have read and think would be useful to you. I flit about in various forums and I have to say that the Old Style thread is one of the warmest and friendliest out there. Not to mention that I've picked up a fair few tips and even learned to crochet as a result! :D
    Everyone has a dark side... apparently mine is called Harold?!? :huh:
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mummybrook wrote: »
    ... I didn't want to just start posting on other peoples threads without saying hello first

welcome to OS mummybrook

Don't be afraid to post on the threads that interests, its always good to see newbies joining in ;)

If you want to bring your grocery spends down, I'd suggest joining the Grocery Challenge, lots of support and useful ideas there
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome to the friendliest board on MSE, Mummybrook.

Just press your "thanks" button if someone has posted something you find useful, and hop right in with your own contributions.

The Daily OS thread is very welcoming if friendship and encouragement are what you need; hope to see you there, maybe?:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mummybrook
    Options
    Gosh thanks for all the welcomes and warm wishes. I have a cuppa in hand and will be trawling through for hand hints and tips : )))
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi mummybrook,

Welcome to Old Style. :)

I've added your thread to the How to start being old style thread. If you look at the first post you'll find lots of helpful links.

Good luck!

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family