Finally earning!

Woohoo! I have been unemployed since august last year when I moved house, then when I'd got a job we moved again :( So now i'm settled (I hope) and have been given a part time job I can FINALLY take a proper look at the money I owe and work out how to pay it back.

I am studying with the Open University which takes up a lot of my time so an easy part time job is perfect but obviously the lower hours and the fact that it is minimum wage (it is in a cake shop....temptation!) won't help me pay anything back in a hurry. I just worked out my SOA for the first time and even with the new job I have a shortfall of £162 a month. Damn.

Time to cut back even further then :)
Make £5 a day in July - £105.33/£155

Total debt July '09: £7,500
Proud to be dealing with my debts but not proud that they are still the same a year on.

Comments

• kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Welcome and congratulations on the new job. What are you studying?
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • imajica
    imajica Posts: 93 Forumite
    Thanks! Spanish and German at the moment, but I think i've bitten off a bit more than I can chew so might drop the German next year.

Proud to be dealing with my debts but not proud that they are still the same a year on.
  • kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I have no abilities at languages so highly impressed. The courses look doable when you sign up and then the workload starts to hit. (Says she who's due an essay in on Friday:o)
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • imajica
    imajica Posts: 93 Forumite
    The workload has well and truely done me in! Still, it stops me going out and spending money at least :) What are you studying?

Done quite well today with money. I managed to move a direct debit payment around to enable a cheque to clear so i've held off a few charges there. I also got a yearly statement from an old account that I never use and realised there is £77 in there from January when I needed to pay a cheque in and only had those details on me. Nice little surprise!
    I'm going to photograph some bits to put on ebay this evening also.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure