We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

I wanna value for money PSP Deal

I am looking for a good value for money PSP deal. Not convinced that the GIGA packs are worth the extra as the memory cards are cheap elsewhere and the offers in game & woolworths are quite poor compared to the toys r us offers. I am looking to spend up to £200 but would spend over if it was for a very good eal and I got my moneys worth.

Can anyone help or point me in the right place to look for great offers? :D

Thank you,
Claire x
Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart

Comments

  • Greensprout
    Greensprout Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    What about this from Lik-Sang
    It's the Ceramic White one which is something a bit different. £140, free postage.

    Lik-Sang are based in Japan but are very reliable, I always use them and I've never had any problems.

    Also don't worry about the PSP been an Import as it will play all UK games and Jap are the same UMD region code as the UK.
    I would have used my own initiative if someone would have told me to!
  • winnie81
    winnie81 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Thanks for the link :j That looks great and I'd rather have the white than black but didn't want to pay the extra that shops wanted just for the white one :mad:

    For the extra I think I'd go for there giga pack at about £180.00ish :j :j

    Thank you!
    Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart
  • zabbyh
    zabbyh Posts: 59 Forumite
    You might get charged import tax, which can be up to £40 I think. Atleast that's what my mate got charged. I went for good old ebay and got my PSP for £125, and that was in april last year (so would have cost £200).
  • meltme
    meltme Posts: 59 Forumite
    let me know if you order it ..... i would like one but not sure abut dealing with overseas on the net!!!! :o
  • winnie81
    winnie81 Posts: 887 Forumite
    In the end we went for a Toys r us bundle as we wanted the games etc included. We got 3 games 1 film and a assesories pack for £199 we've bought the memory card from ebay for a few quid.

    By the time we added a few games and possibly paid for import tax we wouldn't of been that much better of but the sites book marked for the extras etc as they were very cheap.

    Thank you so much for all your help OH is a happy man playing FIFA 06 right now lol

    Claire x

    meltme we have ordered items from abroad many times (usually through trusted ebay sellers) and things have always worked out o.k. The only thing I would advise you do is to use a credit card for the buyer protection it offers.
    Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.