PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

sweaty head/yucky pillows!

Options

Comments

• radiohelen
    radiohelen Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options
    ROFPMSL

So from today's conversation it seems it doesn't matter if your man is hairy, bald, sweaty, young, old, hard working, slacker, indoorsy or outdoorsy....... he's gonna turn the pillow yellow along with all your decent high thread count bedding..... and no amount of bio wash powder, pink stuff and boil washing is going to stop it happening!

Are these grounds for divorce??????:D

My husband says it's cos men sweat more when they..... NO I'M NOT GOING THERE!!!!!
    Well behaved women rarely make history.
  • barbie_babe
    barbie_babe Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    What about put an old hand towel over his pillow case before he goes to sleep. Change each day and put the towels to wash on a hot wash, at the end of the week all in one go.
    :j
  • flissh
    flissh Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    yes, same problem here. Over time all our pillow cases have developed a yellowish stain that cannot be washed out.

Also, my o/h leaves a greasy mark on the head board. In our old house, we did not have a head end on the bed and there was a greasy mark on the wall that was impossible to paint over, despite lots of cleaning. I had to seal it in the end with primer!!!!

He is bald by the way, and does not seem to sweat that much, but what there is, is very 'greasy' bless him.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    what a daft thing to get upset by I would give anything to have my late husbands pillowcases looking mucky again My bed is pristine and even though I sleep alone there is nothing brings it home to me as much as the unused pillows on his side of the bed.Be happy you have your husbands/partners with you and just wash them .Worse things to get stressed over ladies
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    what a daft thing to get upset by I would give anything to have my late husbands pillowcases looking mucky again My bed is pristine and even though I sleep alone there is nothing brings it home to me as much as the unused pillows on his side of the bed.Be happy you have your husbands/partners with you and just wash them .Worse things to get stressed over ladies

You're so right Jackie. I must confess not stressed about it at all, DH and I just have a laugh about it and change his pillows more often. We're all human animals with various 'yucky bits' !
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • Emptynester
    Emptynester Posts: 123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Wise words JackieO, I'm not stressed just intrigued that it just seemed ony to be the men. I am sorry if we have hurt you.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    geri1965 wrote: »
    Make them wear shower caps in bed.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I love it! Just going to call DH!

He only started this sweaty head business when we went to Italy for the second time. I haven't tried soda crystals, but will now.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Hey, Jackie, no one is upset! Or stressed, either.
    I thought it was just my DH - and I do like clean washing. ;)
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're so right, JackieO. My DH is disabled and sweats a lot just from the effort of moving around, and his body odour has changed too, presumably due to the mix of meds he has to take - but I am very glad he's still around to be sweaty and smell odd :)
  • Macca-Pacca
    Options
    My hubby is bald and sweats through his head every night. His body isn't as bad as his head.
    I put a pillow protector and 3 pillow cases on his pillow just so the sweat dosen't sink in the the feather pillow.
    I assumed it was a bald headed man thing as my dad did't have a bald head and didn't sweat like these, but my grandfather did have a bald head and did the sweaty head thing too.
    I have asked DH to wash or even wipe his head before bed which he agreed to do but always FORGETS to do. I see this doesn't work anyway!
    It's horrid. Wish I could find something to help.
    And like many on this thread, I can't stand him using my pillow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure