We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Sky and moving house
ethansmum
Posts: 1,780 Forumite
We have sky at present as does the house we are moving into. We looked up on the sky website regarding house moves and they say we have to pay a 'small fee', obviously I don't want to. I don't really think thats fair because the house will already have a sat. dish and it will just be a matter of plugging in the digi box.
Has anyone got any advice about what I should do? Do I cancell and start it up again? Can I rather get a free sky plus upgrade?
Any advice will be welcomed.
Many thanks
Tracy
Has anyone got any advice about what I should do? Do I cancell and start it up again? Can I rather get a free sky plus upgrade?
Any advice will be welcomed.
Many thanks
Tracy
July Win: Nokia 5800
0
Comments
-
btt
anyone got any thoughts?July Win: Nokia 58000 -
the fee is for an engineer to re-install the dish,
This is not required in your case,
tell sky you do not require an engineer end of that part.
Re sky plus if you are married not a lot you can do however if you ar not a living with a partner cancel sky tell them you are moving overseas and get partner to order sky plus at new house, you will not get it free but reduced and 3 months half price,
This may be a problem though if you have already given them the address you are moving to,0 -
We cancelled ours at the old address and didn't intend to have it at the new one as we have Freeview built in to our new telly.
However when we moved we found that the reception is very poor and we needed sky (no cable) to get a near decent picture.
It was in my name for the old house and my hubby did it in his name for this house, we didn't need to give previous address or anything and got a new smaller dish and snazzy box with 3 months for full package at £15.
No other costs were required.
HTH
Debs0 -
Has anyone got any idea what the small fee is to reconnect at a new address. I dont think we have a dish at the new houseEasy Money0
-
It was £40 in July 2005, that is for standard installation though.
I needed to have mine on a pole on the roof as they couldn't get the right angle on the side of the house, I also needed a phone line in the bedroom as I went for multi room so they charged me £20 for the pole and £15 to extend the phone line into the bedroom.lee634 wrote:the fee is for an engineer to re-install the dish
The £40 included a new dish and cabling as there was no way I was going to bother removing the old dish etc0 -
We moved house last week. I called Sky and said I needed to cancel because we couldnt afford it. She looked up the new address and told me that we didn't need an engineer because the property were already receiving Sky. I insisted on cancelling due to cost and she offered me 3 months at 50%. She said she was unable to tell me what offers would be available in 3 months but if I call back near the time they may be able to offer antoher deal!
Cant get fairer than that!
Good luck...make sure you insist on going through to cancellations though!The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart....0 -
Thanks for the help!
I am married but I'm going to try the cancelling route first as I suppose I have nothing to lose. (I think there is a dish at the new house too).July Win: Nokia 58000
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards