We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
saving stamps with the P.O.
diamondcatz
Posts: 62 Forumite
Hi don't know if this is any help or been mentioned before but I've just picked up a starter saving stamp pack at the post office and basically you buy saving stamps at £5 each and put them on the card forcat tax, utility-phone bills,premium bonds etc but the useful part for me is to keep them to exchange for gift vouchers for high st shops. I try to save in seperate bank account but as soon as an unexpected expense comes in I dip into it so not going as well as planned.
I have so many children and grandchildren that I can easily convert them to woolworths vouchers and get quite a lot of the gifts bought there. They have a list of where to be used and unlike certain doorstep lenders no interest.
I hope to have quite a bit put away for the toy sales in the autumn so that'll save a bit.
Car tax will also be sorted yayy
hope this helps someone else like myself that if its not hard cash it doesnt count and stays where it is :rolleyes: :doh:
I have so many children and grandchildren that I can easily convert them to woolworths vouchers and get quite a lot of the gifts bought there. They have a list of where to be used and unlike certain doorstep lenders no interest.
I hope to have quite a bit put away for the toy sales in the autumn so that'll save a bit.
Car tax will also be sorted yayy
hope this helps someone else like myself that if its not hard cash it doesnt count and stays where it is :rolleyes: :doh:
olympic challenge week 6 = $414.70:j
slowly slowly REBEL NO. 21
slowly slowly REBEL NO. 21
0
Comments
-
Also buy these just for the 2 cars tax. It's great as you don't really miss a fiver a week but we would miss £110 when both cars had to be taxed (Sept and Nov)**BERTIE**Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI0
-
How do you swap them for shopping vouchers? I know of the road tax stamps but that is all.
The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards