"Yo! All you can eat sushi - like a child in a sweetie shop" blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• bylromarhabylromarha Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Mrs MSE? :D

:TMany huge congrats to you and the bride.:T

Building a marriage is the best fun! I missed the news as we were in the Maldives (paid for by Tesco...) celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

Wishing you many more dates at Yo Sushi and other bizarre raw fish eating establishments...
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • oakhouse13oakhouse13 Forumite
    767 Posts
    'A trim Mr Janes had been training in the previous weeks by making the journey between his Old Broad Street office and West End appointments on foot. As we struck out for Henley's riparian marquees accompanied by Tom Wilson, who had that very day rejoined the HBOS publicity team after a brief interlude at GE Money, Richard strode ahead of the hobbling hacks while his fellow PR Emma Johnson could only look down at her gorgeous blue footwear and put on a brave face.
    A space at the lunch table was eventually filled by Moneysavingexpert's Archna Luthra....'
  • edited 10 July 2009 at 4:35PM
    MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 July 2009 at 4:35PM
    oakhouse13 wrote: »
    'A trim Mr Janes had been training in the previous weeks by making the journey between his Old Broad Street office and West End appointments on foot. As we struck out for Henley's riparian marquees accompanied by Tom Wilson, who had that very day rejoined the HBOS publicity team after a brief interlude at GE Money, Richard strode ahead of the hobbling hacks while his fellow PR Emma Johnson could only look down at her gorgeous blue footwear and put on a brave face.
    A space at the lunch table was eventually filled by Moneysavingexpert's Archna Luthra....'

What a strange response! And I note its copied from this blog please do always source it when you're copying someone else's work - its also a site rule as you'll see in the right hand panel.

I think you may've misread my blog... I don't go to dos as I don't like them or networking not because I dont like freebies - i love 'em - of course I do (wouldn't be much good at my job otherwise would I!)

And my retisence was about appearing in someone's marketing brochure which looks like an implied recommendation - something Im not comfortable with.

As for MSE Archie's day out - its good to see, I like the team to be networking and gathering stories and contacts - its what journalist's are about (i believe that day was packed with them broadcast and print). At MSE we have strict rules of whats permitted or not (which are much tighter than most papers and about the same as the BBCs) and this was within it and done with my permission.

I believe she had a great time.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so jealous....free all you can eat Yo Sushi and from the new menu in a posh done-up branch. Nice.

As for the salmon beetroot, I remember at the branch in Harrods, they did beetroot salmon sashimi which was to die for so I hope they introduce it as a maki roll. Mmmm. *salivates, Homer Simpson style*

And as for scrabble over dinner in Yo Sushi....I'd love to see that. :D
  • oakhouse13oakhouse13 Forumite
    767 Posts
    Site would not allow me to include URL in my post. I had to remove it to post and should have typed a reference instead, apologies. I was not copying, I was quoting to make the point that if the impression was that your staff do not accept press freebies the report I quoted proved otherwise. Nothing to do enjoyment, or a member of your staff independently going somewhere. I would guess you and your staff are invited in their professional capacity and the host is buying your attention which of course you are free to repay or ignore.
  • edited 13 July 2009 at 5:14PM
    ReverbeReverbe Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    edited 13 July 2009 at 5:14PM
    Scrabble over dinner? WOW you crazeee honeymooners....:p

If GE Money were involved I hope she ate a lot...I was turned over by these - made redundant after only a coupla weeks having left a job for them only 2 days before the mahoosive xmas dinner I had a ticket for ..
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • elisebutt65elisebutt65 Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Aaargh - I printed off the voucher for 40% off then noticed the small print - not valid in Selfrdiges Birmingham- which is the closest one to me!!!!:mad:
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• chili2001chili2001 Forumite
    342 Posts
    Yo sushi was very kind to me also. After having a meal on my birthday there for the first time in their London county hall branch I emailed the head office to say how good it was and to ask if they were going to open any branches nearer to me (in Oxfordshire).
    They replied saying that they were opening a branch in Oxford in the near future and would put me and my girlfriend on the VIP invite list to the private launch party!
    I know what you mean about free sushi Martin, we stuffed ourselves silly. There's something about food moving slowly past on a conveyor belt that makes you want to grab it! It must be the hunter/gatherer instinct in us.icon7.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide