Where can i sell my VHS tapes / cassettes ?

Options
13»

Comments

• googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What you need to do is weigh up

"Time & Cost in dubbing LPs to CD" against

"Cost of buying same music on CD" and

"Whether or not LP is actually available on CD" and finally throw into the mix

"How attached am I to my LPs?"

Let's be honest, if they're lying in the corner of the 'junk' room, it doesn't sound like the answer to the last question rates very highly....

The solution involving the Alesis presumes that you have good LPs, a good turntable, and you want to end up with a CD that sounds equal to or better than the commercially-released CD.

If you're happy with mp3 quality, then the Alesis is probably overkill for you. It's a professional piece of kit.
  • absolutelynomoney
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    20p, presumably...

(Actually, video tapes have one feature over DVDs: they have a builtin memory of where you watched them up to the last time.)

I know what you mean, but actually I think you'll find that most DVDs have this built in digitally as well!
    Slowly working towards earning enough money (through various ventures) to live unworriedly, treat my family and sleep under a lovely roof. x
  • nexuss
    nexuss Posts: 989 Forumite
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    20p, presumably...

(Actually, video tapes have one feature over DVDs: they have a builtin memory of where you watched them up to the last time.)

Complete nonsense.
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    So has my DVD player (Panasonic). It retains 'last memory' positions and resumes playback from there.

My old JVC had the same feature, never used it though!
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • paul_zxz
    paul_zxz Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Car Boot them. People are always on the look out
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nexuss wrote: »
    Complete nonsense.

Er....... Why?
  • nexuss
    nexuss Posts: 989 Forumite
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    Er....... Why?

Sorry i meant DVDS have the same feature.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nexuss wrote: »
    Sorry i meant DVDS have the same feature.

I have 5 DVD players in the house (children home from uni!) only one of them, a really really old one that I have had since they first came out has the 'watch from last position' function. All the newer ones star automatically at the beginning, which is a real pain if you hit the 'stop' button rather than the freeze button while you go and make a cup of tea.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • katym79
    katym79 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/hardware/2223610/review-ion-vcr-pc-usb-vcr

there is a machine you can buy that converts your VHS to your PC. think there is also one for vinyl records. Expensive, but if you class it as an investment - maybe you could charge others a few quid to convert all theirs? then ebay it???:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure