Refilled cartridges: advice from Cartridge World

Options
If you are getting your cartridges refilled, eg at Cartridge World, I noticed the other day that their advice is to wrap any spares in clingfilm and store them in the fridge.

Obviously this only applies if you keep a spare to hand rather than getting the empty refilled and back in your printer straight away.
Signature removed for peace of mind

Comments

• hutchie_3
    hutchie_3 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I've just replaced origial cartridges with comparible cartridges.If i have them refilled how long will they keep in fridge or wherever i put them.Thanks in advance.
    Val :)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just replaced origial cartridges with comparible cartridges.If i have them refilled how long will they keep in fridge or wherever i put them.Thanks in advance.
    Sorry, no idea. I think CW give a 3 month guarantee so presumably longer than that!

I don't know about other places, but my local Cartridge World will only refill originals. Although buying and refilling originals may not work out as cheap as buying compatibles, I do it 'cos it's greener ...
  • hutchie_3
    hutchie_3 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance but why how is refilling cartridges greener.Thanks for your help
    Val :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I use my local Cartridge World and have done for the last 12 months at least As I belong to a local Family history group in North Kent, our group also get 10% of my total spend donated to them from C/World I have just refilled my Black and my colour cartridge for £15.00 so my group get £1.50.in a donation and I get two cartridges filled for less than half the cost of two new ones. I also had a £1.00 voucher from my local "free Paper" that I used as well.Excellent value.I have an Epson c42 printer so I don't know how much any out printer refill costs.
  • LincsLad_3
    LincsLad_3 Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance but why how is refilling cartridges greener.Thanks for your help
    As with any recycling option, raw material costs (in this case the cartridge itself and associated electronics etc) are reused.

Also cartridges are not thrown away each time they are emptied, so less landfill, etc.
  • daywalker
    Options
    If you are getting your cartridges refilled, eg at Cartridge World, I noticed the other day that their advice is to wrap any spares in clingfilm and store them in the fridge.

Obviously this only applies if you keep a spare to hand rather than getting the empty refilled and back in your printer straight away.

Which store told you this? I work at CW head office and this is a new one on me! This doesn't mean it isn't true but I would like to check it out!
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like the idea to put it in the fridge is to stop the cartridges from drying out and blocking. I could be wrong of course, but it sounds a plausable solution.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • BG_Porgy
    BG_Porgy Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Why not get a DIY refill kit and save even more money It is dolly dimple to do
    BG Porgy
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    daywalker wrote:
    Which store told you this? I work at CW head office and this is a new one on me! This doesn't mean it isn't true but I would like to check it out!
    Sorry, have only just re-found this post. It was Bristol, on Gloucester Road ...
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    BG_Porgy wrote:
    Why not get a DIY refill kit and save even more money It is dolly dimple to do
    Because the only time I ever tried to refill a printer cartridge I got black ink all over my favourite pink trousers, and it never came out. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport