Free (For the Ladies)-Bodyform sample pack (Merged)

Options

Comments

• jules_2
    jules_2 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    simate wrote:
    'FREE sanitary towels for women'

Do they do mens one's then? :rotfl:

Just kidding. Thanks OP, I ordered for my wife.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the title!!:rotfl:
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jules wrote:
    Exactly what I thought when I saw the title!!:rotfl:
    Me too :rotfl:
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ive filled in the form and pressed order, but it hasnt acknowledged it, so i hope it arrives!!!!
  • us,thecat&thedebt
    Options
    Thanks, another for the freebie box!
    :beer: :j OFFICIAL DFW NERD NO 159 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH OUR DEBTS:beer: :j

If you do a job well, people won't be sure you've done anything at all :rolleyes:

Must claim back bank charges!!!:rolleyes:
  • MANDIE_3
    MANDIE_3 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Does that site look a bit wierd or is it my computer???
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sanitary towels? I thought everyone used tampons which help you get on with your life.
  • emma0787
    emma0787 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you! Any freebie, is better than no freebie!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sanitary towels? I thought everyone used tampons which help you get on with your life.

There are various reasons why tampons are not always best.

Here is some information about a medical condition called Toxic Shock Syndrome which is a serious infection (can lead to death) which can be caused by using tampons.
    I believe there is now some information on leaflets in tampons packets.
    Obviously this information should be taken in context as it's very rare, however people should have access to the information so that they can make an informed choice.

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/toxic_shock.html

Personally, tampons are not my choice when flow is very light due to dryness, so I use a mixture of products.
    Tampons have huge advantages if you are swimming playing sports etc, but overnight or in an office I don't think towels stop you getting on with your life at all.

Mooncup is also an alternative (a plastic cup which is reusable/washable) which is moneysaving environmentally friendly and doesn't have some of the problems associated with tampons (like leaving fibres in your body).
    I believe it takes some getting used to but some people rave about it.

I don't think there is a right or a wrong answer.
    Just what is most suitable for the individual at various times (which may well be more than one product).
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lisyloo wrote:
    There are various reasons why tampons are not always best.
    Here is some information about a medical condition called Toxic Shock Syndrome which is a serious infection (can lead to death) which can be caused by using tampons.

OMFG...thank god i'm a bloke! :beer: :j :D

So presumably you can't get the same toxic shock syndrome from towels then? And don't you have to be prone to this toxic shock in the first place, like having a nut allergy?
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So presumably you can't get the same toxic shock syndrome from towels then?

I don't believe it has been linked to towels only tampons. Here is some information from the article
    Although the exact connection is still not clear, researchers suspect that certain types of high-absorbency tampons provided a moist, warm home where the bacteria could thrive.
    And don't you have to be prone to this toxic shock in the first place, like having a nut allergy?

I don't believe so. Again from the article
    Although TSS usually occurs in menstruating women, it can affect anyone who has any type of staph infection, including pneumonia, abscess, skin or wound infection, a blood infection called septicemia, or a bone infection called osteomyelitis.

I would like to re-emphasise that this is very rare although a few individuals have died.
    You can reduce your chances by reading the information and following the instructions to use tampons safety and knowing what the symptons are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure