We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap good bronzer for ultra pale skin?

Options
As the title says really - does one exist?

I use MAC bronzer in Golden which is about £16. I'm running out and no way I can afford to replace it but everything in the shops seems so dark, I'm too scared to buy it as I can't really afford to waste my money.

If anyone has any good reccomendations I'd really appreciate it. I was kinda hoping to spend £5 or less - is that even possible?

pippitypip
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok - they know me here! :D

Comments

• glowgirl_2
    glowgirl_2 Posts: 4,591 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Check out the dainty doll range on asos, designed for very pale skin, I have a lip gloss (even though I'm not pale) and its really nice, its actually made by Jelly Pong Pong its also good value. Also have a look at Rimmell, they do a bronzer with a peach bit in the middle for pale skin - hth:)
    Thank you for this site Martin
    The time for change has come
    Good luck for the future
  • amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really pale and i use this - nice colour and smells fab.
    I'm so boring, my clothes wanna keep someone else warm, someone cooler
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    When I ditch the MAC or Benefit at times, I always go to Rimmel, think their compact is £3.99?

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OK this is probably a duh type of question but what does bronzer do on pale skin??

Sorry not a facetious question, I've never been good at makeup :o
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the bronzer is too dark its the equivalent of having a too dark a foundation and you look stupid. When you are very pale you wont ever get a dark tan so a bronzer needs to give a healthy glow
  • pippitypip_2
    pippitypip_2 Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. I ended up buying one in the 99p shop (not sure what brand, never heard of it before, it has 3 colours so you move your brush over all three) and obviously it was a massive bargain at 99p!!

I have to say I love it - and just have to get used to not loading the brush so much as with my MAC.

Really pleased and hope that might help someone else.
    pippitypip
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can always give the brush a wee tap on a tissue before using. I use a mineral bronzer which looks scarily dark in the pot BUT it can be layered up nicely so I dont look like Ive been laying with my face in a sunbed all day and it warms my foundation lovely so I dont need to have two foundations on the go anymore
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pippitypip wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. I ended up buying one in the 99p shop (not sure what brand, never heard of it before, it has 3 colours so you move your brush over all three) and obviously it was a massive bargain at 99p!!

I have to say I love it - and just have to get used to not loading the brush so much as with my MAC.

Really pleased and hope that might help someone else.
    pippitypip

It's probably re-badged Revlon - there's loads of Revlon in at the moment. And you sometimes see Almay, so could be that one.
  • pippitypip_2
    pippitypip_2 Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all.

I checked this morning and the brand is "Fate" - never heard of it before, it's probably made for them or something but I'm SO impressed - and what a fab bargain :)

pippitypip
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills