We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Scuff marks!

Anyone out there got any good tips for cleaning scuff marks off amtico type flooring? :confused:
The marks are mainly from shoes, but also from chair legs being scraped across the floor :eek:(doesn't that put your teeth right on edge?!!!).
Many Thanks!
:wave:
Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running!

Comments

  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'm not aware of the type of flooring. Can you get it wet? sorry don't know.

    However, people on here swear by microfibre clothes which can be bought from Tesco's / wilko etc.
  • Hi
    Just found this on a how to look after amtico flooring

    Any scuff marks that are not removed during routine cleaning may be gently rubbed with a scouring pad of the type used on non-stick cookware.

    HTH
    Julie
    I also remember the words of my friends, but I would rather have enemies than friends like you :p

    :p would like to make it known that ZubeZubes avvy is a DHN, she's not dancing :o
  • kingshir
    kingshir Posts: 578 Forumite
    Hi
    Just found this on a how to look after amtico flooring

    Any scuff marks that are not removed during routine cleaning may be gently rubbed with a scouring pad of the type used on non-stick cookware.

    HTH
    Julie

    I use one of those things that look like a giant rubber. They are brilliant for all sorts of surfaces and they ae not abrasive either.
  • Linda32 wrote:
    I'm not aware of the type of flooring. Can you get it wet? sorry don't know.

    However, people on here swear by microfibre clothes which can be bought from Tesco's / wilko etc.

    We had this laid right through the ground floor a few years ago - it looks like laminate but is a little more textured and is glued to the floor - it came in strips which are about 3" wide and 3' long, about 3-4 mm thick with a little flexibility - bit like VERY thick tough lino! Can't remember what it is called!
    The big drawback is that anything sharp will damage it - I've dropped the odd knife in the kitchen and found it sticking up like something out of a bad knife throwing act!

    Thanks for the suggestion of the microfibre cloths.:T

    I thought there may be something I could spray/dollop on ('cos I'm too bone idle to crawl round on my hands and knees with a cloth - There's more to life than housework!) :rotfl:
    :wave:
    Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running!
  • kingshir wrote:
    I use one of those things that look like a giant rubber. They are brilliant for all sorts of surfaces and they ae not abrasive either.

    Where do you get them from?
    :wave:
    Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running!
  • I'm sure Flash do one of those eraser things. There are a few others out there but its if you have the time to go hunting. Other MSE will be along to help out more

    Julie
    I also remember the words of my friends, but I would rather have enemies than friends like you :p

    :p would like to make it known that ZubeZubes avvy is a DHN, she's not dancing :o
  • I didn't know that it was called this, so thanks for that STP!

    We've moved into a new house recently and we got this put in on the ground floor, bathrooms and kitchen.

    I've tried Stardrops (just bought it yesterday) but to no avail, so I will be interested to see what this big rubber thingy is!

    Cheers

    Debs
  • kingshir
    kingshir Posts: 578 Forumite
    Where do you get them from?


    I buy mine from the £1 shop (and other such cheapo shops) and the likes of Woolies, Wilkinson, Homebase etc sell the dearer ones but the cheap ones are just as good as the dear ones in HMO. They are brilliant!!
  • Do they have a name?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.