Signing off Jobseekers. Help please!

Options
Hi, I would like to sign off of jobseekers allowance but I'm slightly confused by the form that I need to fill out.

It's the form in the little "Jobseeker's Allowance and getting back to work" booklet.
I'm unsure what to write in the "Attendance Arrangements" box in Part 5.

Could anyone tell me what I need to write?

Thanks.

Comments

• Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I don't recall entering anything for attendance arrangements.

I used the form that is in the book that you take with you when you sign on and just completed it mind you I had arranged a meeting at the jobcentre and signed off there as there were other forms I needed to complete.
  • hitchm00
    Options
    Ok, thanks.
    It does seem like going to the Jobcentre and doing it there would be easiest it's just a bit of a hassle getting there. Also part of the reason I'm signing off is because they've just made job hunting more difficult and stressful than it needs to be. Which isn't something I really want to tell them to their faces when they ask why I'm leaving.

Thanks again for the reply.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    hitchm00 wrote: »
    Ok, thanks.
    It does seem like going to the Jobcentre and doing it there would be easiest it's just a bit of a hassle getting there. Also part of the reason I'm signing off is because they've just made job hunting more difficult and stressful than it needs to be. Which isn't something I really want to tell them to their faces when they ask why I'm leaving.

If you don't have a job to go to then its best to stay on JSA because at least you are getting some money and your NI stamp is being paid. I signed off in April but cannot for the life of me remember what the form said..I couldnt wait to hand it in:cool:

Jobhunting for everyone in this current climate is more difficult and more stressful because there just aren't the jobs and the few that are around are harder to get because of the amount and calibre of the people applying. Don't let the fact that jobhunting is stressful and difficult put you off claiming - it is the same for everybody and in fact during my 30 years of employment jobhunting has always been a stressful process.

Good luck.

PS. Rather than go into the jobcentre why not ring them and ask for clarification on the bits you need to complete.
  • busy_mom_2
    busy_mom_2 Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, thanks.

Not sure exactly what you mean by they are making it difficult, you are claiming JSA which is an allowance for people seeking work and they have to check you are seeking, they are also there to help if needed, they won't try to talk you out of signing off:confused:

If you don't want to physically sign off don't attend on your next signing day and after 5 days your claim will automatically close anyway
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    As long as you complete the form correctly and state you did not do any work paid or unpaid since your last claim- you do not have to give any reason as to why you want to close your claim.
    They also ask who your new employer is if you are starting work but you are under no obligation to tell them this.
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I would like to sign off of jobseekers allowance but I'm slightly confused by the form that I need to fill out.

It's the form in the little "Jobseeker's Allowance and getting back to work" booklet.

Thanks.

sorry misread the question . You do not put anything in this section. It should already be filled in by the jsa people.It just advises of your signing on times. Well mine does anyway.
  • reddave000
    reddave000 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options

Thanks.

attendance arrangements= the day/time you sign on and which cycle P or R
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    KevR wrote: »
    It's dead easy to sign off from Jobseekers, I sorted it in a couple of calls.

There are two options...
    1. Fill in the details at the back of your green booklet (ES40) and take it down to your local Jobcentre where you normally sign in.

2. Call the Banbury office - 01295 455070.

SIMPLES!

i hope the OP has signed of JSA by now since the thread is over 2 years old
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family