Fisher Wealth Management

Options
123457»

Comments

• malcolmpx
    Options
    I understand that Fisher Investments in the USA lost $20 billion of their investors money in 2008.
    If you want more information you need to google complaintsboard and then enter ken fisher in the search box.
  • xyy123
    xyy123 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    malcolmpx wrote: »
    I understand that Fisher Investments in the USA lost $20 billion of their investors money in 2008.
    If you want more information you need to google complaintsboard and then enter ken fisher in the search box.
    They did. Sort of. They started 2008 with about $50BN AUM and the low point in September-October 2008 was around $30BN. About the same percentage drop in global markets.
  • AmyRo
    AmyRo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    malcompx -

You must be confusing numbers with percents. Fisher is a huge firm. In 2008 they like just about everyone else in money management lost money with the market. Fisher was actually competitive with the market in 2008 and did much better than the market in 2009. They have a good long-term record too. You can monitor their fund, Purisma, which beats the market on a 1, 3, 5, and 10 year rolling basis. Check out the symbol PURIX on Morningstar.

Amy
  • investor1
    Options
    dont normally post but registered specifically to add to this discussion..

A couple of years ago i went to see fisher, sjp, coutts, barclays wealth and a couple of others.

fisher is the one I am going to trust with my money with in a few months (although half will remain in property/btl). i am 36 so do have some time left and can therefore afford to be a bit risky than anyone a bit older.

They seemed the most transparent(with fees etc) and honest. They are also a small enough team in the UK to care about you but big enough with a heavyweight backing in US. Decisions on portfolio are made by a central team of experts rather than a portfolio manager bod (that you might get at the other companies). personally i would trust a central team of analysts and senior decision makers/approvers over some individual who confuses you, chops and changes investments, doesn't disclose all the fees so you wont even know they are being charged to your account. the only thing i didn't think was great was that they don't position themsslves to benefit from currency exchange rate exposure/gains. ie what is the point in making 10pc in GBP if you could just put it in singapore dollar cash account and wait until it appreciate 10pc against the dollar.

Some of them were a joke (SJP for example). Some only offered to invest in funds of funds which is pointless because you can buy discounted funds yourself and get good info on past performance on citywire etc.

Some general 101 advice:
    -Dont put it all in one place.
    -diversify or let someone else diversify for you.
    -don't put it all in at the same time (unless your confident a bull market is imminent)
    -go to london and meet them all.
    -Having tried a hands on approach with trading/spreadbetting/etf's/commodities etc and having my head stuck in the ft i have come to the conclusion i want somebody else to make decisions for me as I want to stop worrying about things and enjoy myself. You might pick any company up on how they failed to spot 1 bear market for example however i doubt you are any better (maybe just lucky on occasion...maybe 2 occasions but how many days of the year were you worrying and reading blogs/forums/the ft etc etc)
  • dlorde
    dlorde Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another one to consider is Vestra Wealth. I've been with them about 18 months, and I'm very happy with their service. Transparent fee structure and full access to account details, transactions, statements, etc., online. A 'lazy' option for those (like me) who've tried doing themselves and found they'd rather let someone else do it for them ;)
  • eversosensible
    Options
    Is Fisher Investments co uk. English?
    I thought they were an American outfit?

Personalty, I prefer an English born outfit to lose my 20 billion investment rather than some Yanks under guise :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure