Job Application and going on holiday

Options
I am applying for a job in the local school, where the closing date is next friday

However I am going on holiday that day, only for a week, but I am conscious that the interviews will take place before the end of term as the job is to start in September.

Would you put something on the covering letter to say that you would be unavailable, if shortlisted, for interviews during this week (and if so how would you phrase it?) or would you not mention it?

Also, slightly off topic, I have applied for other school based positions and in each case it has been stated that all applicants would be subject to a comprehensive screening process. Does anyone know what this involves and would it delay knowing whether you had been shortlisted?
2014 Target;
To overpay CC by £1,000.
Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
£15.88 saved to date

Comments

• blue_ashleigh
    Options
    I'd just say at the end of the covering letter
    "I am available for interview from (date get back) and I look forward to hearing from you soon"
  • samr_2
    samr_2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    In my experience, interviews for a position in a school tend to be held on one particular day and they're unlikely to accommodate anyone who can't make it. They may well already know the interview date so might be worth calling them.
  • mountainofdebt
    mountainofdebt Posts: 7,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    samr wrote: »
    In my experience, interviews for a position in a school tend to be held on one particular day and they're unlikely to accommodate anyone who can't make it. They may well already know the interview date so might be worth calling them.

Arghhhhhhhhhh.........of course they are (usually have governors involved)....why didn't I think of that!

Will give them a ring Monday. Hopefully the interivews will the week after I come back,especially if the closing date is a friday.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts