new MFW wanabee

Replies

• dimbo61dimbo61 Forumite
    12.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check with HSBC some do free legals and valuation!
  • freebiequenniefreebiequennie Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    great will sort this out in the next week and look at HSBC, going to make an appointment with mortgage advisor at local branch as much easier face-face than over the phone.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    babysat last night so thats another £100 towards to the mortgage (petrol cost me about £16 though as was 110 miles round trip).
  • setmefree2setmefree2 Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    babysat last night so thats another £100 towards to the mortgage (petrol cost me about £16 though as was 110 miles round trip).

bravo_sign.gif well done on that :T:T
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    well we have instructed mortgage advisor to find us the best deal then we will go direct to the best provider ourselves (no charge from mortgage advisor as its through husbands work - but charge us admin fees if we want them to secure it for us!!), going to get this sorted asap and reserve the deal for 3mths as we have noticed alot of fixed rate deals being removed from the market so best get our foot in the door now, but we want to stay on out SVR at the mo as can overpay max.

Thanks setmefree I am not a cheap babysitter as you can see but very qualified and very experienced and get some very well-off families booking me (get to see how the other half live), think my posh sussex accent serves me well here in the midlands as well!!

I am trying to save for a winter holiday at the moment as well so keeping a seperate pot for that now as only just started saving for it, and would be very tempting to chuck it at mortgage but need a break as not had one this year other than a couple of weekends away with the devere £10 a night breaks.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    just got our cheques for the extra work we did for elections in june (took annual leave from normal jobs so thats £400 in to bank on monday to OP mortgage.
  • wantabetterlifewantabetterlife Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Well done on the extra earnings.:j Your babysitting pays really well. Is that generally how much it cost where you live to get a babysitter for the night? I would never be out the door. Lol
    Mortgage [strike]£177,750[/strike]£144,879
    Overpayments 2016 £2053.58 2017 £3417.70 2018 £5180.78 #26 2019 £2435.35
    Daily interest £19.91:eek: £15.28 :eek:£8.68
    BUY TO LET MORTGAGE [STRIKE]£111408 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£109975[/STRIKE] £89,190
    19.9 % paid
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well done on the extra earnings.:j Your babysitting pays really well. Is that generally how much it cost where you live to get a babysitter for the night? I would never be out the door. Lol

Thanks am in east midlands and generally a qualified and experienced childcarer to babysit will cost around £8 an hr but I charge £10-£15 an hr depending on if have to travel and as I am a qualified childrens nurse with a wide range of childcare experience from nannying to childrens nursing and most of my work tends to be with babies or children with additional medical problems or those that have lots of pennies to spend!!

certainly seen how the other half live with doing babysitting and especially since I have increased my area to an hr travelling time!! I get enough work for me if I needed more I would reduce my rates if work is very close to me (as in 5miles away) I do, offer lower rates but rarely get work on my doorstep unfortunately.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    we are still plodding along just deciding on a new mortgage deal and will agree on one in the next week with a view to it starting on the 1st september as want another month on this SVR we have as can overpay as much as poss.

Have managed to get mortgage down to £123,000 now so have a 75% LTV ratio so more options with mortgage choice which is where we wanted to be.

Saving for a holiday as well at the moment as in need of a break but this will be a winter hol in the sun.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    well still here husband has been doing his research and we have finally decided to change our mortage to HSBC as if he becomes a premier account holder paying £12 a month we get better mortage rate (he has factored this cost in) plus we get annual worldwide travel insurance and car breakdown cover included in this.

only downside is can only over pay 20% of monthly payment rather than the current deal we have with halifax which is 10% of total mortgage so he is going to do some calculations and reduce the term some more so we end up paying a higher monthly amount so can still pay if off earlier.

cant set the term too short and give ourselves a huge monthly payment as never know what future holds.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides