Is it worth chasing up, week after interview??

Options
Hi folks

As some of you know my hubby had an interview a week today.

Although he was told they will not be starting up on the new section 2-3 weeks time as from last week, and they will be in touch before then, do you think he should sort of make contact?

Over the months some interviews he went to never got back.......:confused:, then I'm sure they will ring if he was successful. But the post around here is quite bad as well, we are receiving post that was posted 2 weeks ago.....:eek:

I don't want him to pester them, but I know he is eager to know with him being out of work right now.

What do you think?
Cheers folks.;)
The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D

Comments

456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes he should
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    Most companies are not sending rejection letters, even the councils.
    A phone-call or email asking if they have made a decision yet would not go against him and if it is bad news he can ask for feedback. It might not get answered though at the moment!
    Good luck to him.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    edited 25 June 2009 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

I think he said he would email them at this point and not ring, but said he doesn't want them to think he is pestering lol :o, although he just wants to know, I told him at least they will know he is eager.

The interviewer did say at the interview last week that the manager was away for the week, and they are due to start up on the new section 2-3 weeks time, and that they will get in touch either way, because he was told about the manager being away, do you think he should wait until he returns next Monday or just send an email to HR now anyway?
    Saying that that week could mean he is already back lol.

So I taken it when hubby says that - that it must be down to the manager when he returns, not sure.

How would you word this in an email, not to make it sound too pushy?
    I know its not rocket science but some words look better than some I supposeX
  • di3004
    Options
    Hubby left an email.

He wrote something in the lines of he attended an interview last Thursday and just wondered if they have come to a decision yet?

He also apologised if this was still ongoing.....:o, but I said that should be okay.
    Short but sweet then.....:D

Probably a little too late though as I imagine they would not receive this until tomorrow now, but we do not expect them to get back in touch immediately anyway.
    But at least they will know he is still eager.;)

Will keep you posted, thank you.;)
  • bristol_pilot
    bristol_pilot Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    Emailing after only a week and asking if they have 'made a decision yet' (hope he didn't phrase it quite like that), will not have done him any good at all IMO. Those of us in work are usually very busy and pestering by candidates for jobs can only antagonise.
  • di3004
    edited 25 June 2009 at 7:04PM
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback.

I have just checked with him, he said he did not actually jump into it, it was just a short polite email, and he said he thanked them for the interview last week and looks forward to hearing from them in due course.

My hubby before his last company he worked for closed down has been in this position before himself, and is aware it can be a right pain to receive those type of emails with being constantly busy all the time.

So careful wording is best. There are ways how to word them, but as its the first time he has done this by email to the company with the shoe being on the other foot, we just wanted an opinion on this above, cheers...;)
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    I have received many of these kinds of emails and I never find them antagonistic. It is common practice as people tend to apply for more than one job at once and often have to accept or turn down a post while they wait to hear the outcome of another.

As for bristol_pilots statement about, those of us in work being very busy, companies looking for employees do expect interaction.

I wouldn't worry, they are most likely to think he has had an offer elsewhere.
  • di3004
    Options
    I have received many of these kinds of emails and I never find them antagonistic. It is common practice as people tend to apply for more than one job at once and often have to accept or turn down a post while they wait to hear the outcome of another.

As for bristol_pilots statement about, those of us in work being very busy, companies looking for employees do expect interaction.

I wouldn't worry, they are most likely to think he has had an offer elsewhere.

Thanks for your response in this as well.;)

My hubby has worked alongside management along with doing his own job, he did say there was much interest in the job, as my hubby used to train new members to the team as well.
    But he said he definately knew the keen ones..who were the ones who were making contact several times, so he can now understand how it feels to be in this position himself.

This interview my hubby went to last week, was once in a life time opportunity, hopefully he will be successful, due to this current economical climate, and of course he has applied to many of them as well, and to have some idea would be nice.

Think he will just have to be a little more patient though......:D.

Thanks so much, will post up when he hears something, fingers crossed.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Hubby received a lovely response.

Thanked him for his email, and said it will be approx 2-3 weeks time when decisions are made,and said its taking a little longer that planned, also applicants interviewed will be contacted one way or another.

So just thought I would post back with an update, although its probably just a standard response, at least hubby's knows where he is at this time.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport