We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Blown Eggs?

My son has to take two 'blown eggs' into school tomorrow.

I haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to be doing and I'm not sure what blown eggs actually are!!! Can I have some Old Style advice please! :o

Comments

  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    I think they maybe want 'empty' eggs to decorate for EAster.

    Using a pin you need to !!!!!! eack end of the egg and blow the egg out of the shell.

    I haven't done this for ages so i cant remember how big the hole will have to be. Not too big - not too smal - lol!!!

    Happy blowing :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    WAhey - I was right. :D I wasn't sure so I went and checked and found this:

    http://www.omlet.co.uk/guide/guide.php?view=Chickens&cat=Eggs&sub=fun%20with%20eggs
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Blowing eggs is easy, as long as you make sure that you "pierce" the yolk inside, otherwise you'll be cream crackered before you get halfway done :D
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    What a waste of eggs :mad: .
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

  • i remember doing that at school- thing is i also remember how much your cheeks hurt after doing it imagine blowing up 100 balloons and then times it by 1000
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Bogof_Babe wrote:
    What a waste of eggs :mad: .

    Not if you save the insides for baking, scrambled egg, omlettes etc ;)
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    marieb wrote:
    i remember doing that at school- thing is i also remember how much your cheeks hurt after doing it imagine blowing up 100 balloons and then times it by 1000

    My OH has been roped into doing it at the minute! :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.