unfair dismissal

Options
i was on my final written warning for till shortage i was told i would be on a disaplinary but not by letter. I was then allowed to carry on work on the same job and not suspended. before i was dismissed. It was not investigated properly, i have worked there 4 years. it states in the company handbook that family members may be employed but not on the same work team, i was on a till my mother was on a till and my sister was our supervisor.. have they broke company procedure?

it also states in the handbook that from time to time they may use cctv cameras to prove and to help with investigations there is cameras in the place of my work but they do not work.
have i got grounds for unfair dismissal. I am on my appeal tomorrow should i mention all the above to them or save it for a tribunal.

thank you for your help

Comments

• Mudd14
    Mudd14 Posts: 856 Forumite
    Options
    It would seem better if you tried to resolve the issue before putting in a complaint to the tribunal so yes I would mention what you have said.

I would def appeal it though as it seems they have not followed any sort of discplinary procedure!
  • lonestar1
    lonestar1 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    Was your till short ?

Dont think I woukd bring up th ebit about working with 2 members of your family unless you wanted to possibly put their jobs in jeopardy
  • Louise22
    Louise22 Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    Options
    lonestar1 wrote: »
    Was your till short ?

Dont think I woukd bring up th ebit about working with 2 members of your family unless you wanted to possibly put their jobs in jeopardy

Yeah, plus they might find it odd that if you had a problem with this, then why not bring up it before instead of when you might be getting the sack.

I hope it all works out ok for you.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Your sister was your supervisor? And you got sacked???
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport