Starting work at DWP help!

Options
Hi all

Hoping some of you lovely people could help me.

Basically I applied for an AO position and have been given my start date for the 2nd July, at my interview i was told to tick 3 locations that I would like to work at, so i ticked the 2 closest to my house and a third 1 that is a train journey away but closest to my town than any others listed, I was offered the 1 a train journey away but am so desperate for work I didnt want to turn it down so have accepted it.
my question is when i start my training/ work could I put my name down for a transfer to a closer one when a job crops up or am I stuck at the further one now?

Also could someone tell me what did you wear for training? I know when starting work its smart clothing but is the training the same? There was no mention of this in the phone call or confirmation letter just times and dates.

A fixed term contract of 18months can that go to permanent as this is what is on my letter, Ive just handed my notice in at a permanent job with rubbish hours, and starting to feel a bit nervous that I will be out of work again next year.

Sorry if any of this sounds silly but feeling a bit worried now..

thank you anyone who could shed some light for me

xx

Comments

• Hatstand66
    Hatstand66 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

My advice would be to turn up for your training in smart business attire to get a feel of what is expected skirt/trousers/blouse for ladies and shirt and tie for gentlemen if you are overdressed fin you can change the next day. After all it is day one of a new job and first impressions really do count. As to the move of office there would normally be a list of vacancies at other offices available once you have started properly so would be a case of keeping your eyes open. Don't blurt out on day one proper as it goes back to first impressions again, just bide your time and see what is available as I am sure the opportunity will arise in due course.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport