Would this look bad?

Options
13»

Comments

• freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    lili2008 wrote: »
    Do I remember you from the DWP thread? If so, I think you turned down a JCP job in favour of this one. Could you ring up DWP and re-register interest in that post? You never know, you've got nothing to lose.

Good memory :) I wasn't offered a job with the DWP, I passed the tests and had an interview, but didn't get it. I assume my interview went badly (I didn't feel it went well to be honest). I actually received my test results from them on Saturday, about 10 weeks after I took them!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • freakyogre
    Options
    Was like that when I first started my existing job, took a while, but now its the opposite extreme.

It may be that if you have just started they are still evaluating your skills, ensuring you can cope and dont have the time to train you.

Discuss it with management but it may become better

The person who was previously in my position trained me before she left, so that part of the job I am fine with. There are other things they haven't shown me (but sometimes assume I know) but they then don't seem to want to tell me when I ask.

I can't see it getting busier, there are certain times of the year that will pick up, but then once the work is done, i'm back to square one.
  • freakyogre
    Options
    LindsayO wrote: »
    could you find things to do at work, find jobs that need doing and do them or atleast suggest them to management

I do everything I can (obviously I don't know the ins and outs of everything) but what I do know, I do. I find myself going to do the post 3/4 times a day just to keep myself busy for a few minutes.
  • freakyogre
    Options
    Amber07 wrote: »
    If you're bored...do some cleaning or offer to clear some cupboards out! (At least it will keep you busy!)

I wouldn't worry about looking for another job - just tell prospective employers the truth - that there wasn't enough work and you like to keep busy. They would have to be daft to find fault with that. ;)

I said this to my sister yesterday, but I can't even do that as they have cleaners (never had them where i've worked before, we all just did it ourselves, so when I did have a quiet 5 minutes, I would get on with that). Even silly things like emptying the bins are done by someone else...i'm just not used to people doing everything for me!
  • freakyogre
    Options
    If you're not happy in your job, there's no point being there. We spend most our lives at work, so it's important that you're happy working there.

Last week I left my new job after 7 weeks because the job wasn't as busy as they said it would be and I found my manager worked completely different to me - I just wasn't happy with the role or the way my manager worked. I left and actually got a new job two days later!

I stayed in a job I hated for 5 months and it actually made me ill. It was boring and I had nothing to do.

If you can afford to give up your job and find something new, then I suggest you do that.

I don't think it makes you look bad. My new employer thought it was very honest and agreed that I should have left my old job. Simply explain why you're leaving and you'll look great for wanting to be busy and doing more work.

Thank you for your reply, nice to see someone else is in a similar situation. I can't afford to leave without having something lined up as don't know how long it could go on for.

I will plod on for now and look elsewhere in the mean time.
  • freakyogre
    Options
    Sorry for replying to everyone individually, the multi-quote function doesn't seem to be working!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport