Wage errors

Options
My company has paid huge deductions from my wages, for the last 3 months - stating they overpaid me whilst I was off sick. It is really difficult for me to work out, but I really think they are wrong, especially as I was off sick through work related stress after putting a grievance in. I am sure they are deducting pay to make me leave. Is there any place I can go to check my wages are right. They more than doubled my tax and ni contributions whilst I was off sick. Yet the wages dept claim it is right and I am struggling money wise. I have tried citizens advice but they were only interested in me going to a tribunal not working out my correct wage. My husband and young son depend on my wage for our home life. Please help

Comments

• doom
    doom Posts: 2,828 Forumite
    Options
    I thought it was illegal to make any deductions (except tax / ni) unless you agreed to it... I'm not saying that if they overpaid you, you don't have to give it back - BUT I didn't think they could just take it, they should have talked to you first to agree a repayment schedule with them .....
    CARPE DIEM
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think the reason why you were off sick should make any difference to what you were entitled to receive. What does your contract say? Does your employer give full pay, or only SSP? And what did they actually pay while you were off sick, SSP or your normal wage?

There is a site where you can do your own calculations, but I don't know what it's called so I hope someone more helpful will come along later.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport