Career Advice

Options
Hello All,

Hope you are all well.

I am looking to change my career. I am a manager at the moment, and want to work in I.T resolving queries such as computers breaking, system issues etc, however I have know idea what I should do.

I have never been to uni, and wondered what options there are for me outside of my current working environment such as college, open uni, full time uni etc?

My qualifications were good when i left school, and have worked my way up the ladder at work, gained a management qualification.

Any advice provided, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could so some college course in hardware/pc repair etc. or go to university and do a full degree in a computing subject

You could also consider something like management of IT - you could then try and use both of your skillsets and access to more types of jobs
  • paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I'm not sure in what type of environment you were interested in doing IT, but if you were thinking of doing home based computer repairs read http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=701077

I agree with the above poster that being an IT manager could be good, someone who can liaise with "geeks" on one side and demanding customers on the other would be valuable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure